STOP 0x0000007E - When Installining XP on my Vista Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AurelloSoft

Hello All,
I'm trying to get my computer set-up to Dual-Boot XP & Vista.

Seems simple enough right?
However, I tried installing Windows XP SP1 Disk, and SP2 Disk, thinking maybe there was something wrong with the disk...

Nope... Full Error:
STOP 0x0000007E, 0xC0000006 0x805D9113 0xF78D26E4 0xF78D23E0

Vista boots just fine, but I need XP to run some programs that I have to use for my software developing....

Any ideas as to what's causing this Memory Violation Error?

Thank You,
AurelloSoft Computer Security

Is your dual boot setup within VISTA? Do you have a dual selection on your screen? You might want to search for and study the knowledgebase article at www.microsoft.com on dual boots because it appears you are missing a few steps.

Well, the first think I did is use diskpart to remove about 30GB from my Vista Partition.
I then was going to install windows XP on the 30GB, and then use Vista's Startup Repair to fix the MBR. But I can't even get as far enough as to install XP.

You need to have VISTA perfect first. I suspect that it doesn't like the partition, or the way it was handled.
You won't like this, but you will have your best luck if you go back to scratch... reformat, the repartition with Windows VISTA, then install VISTA using all the links to show you will have a dual boot install. Then once VISTA is working properly, install Windows XP through the VISTA.
This will not work with all versions of VISTA.
I haven't used DiskPart on a VISTA machine, but it works well in WXP. Did you check to assure its partitions are totally consistent with VISTA?
The alternative choice for me would be to use Acronis disc management on your current install.

Well, as of right now, there's 30 GB of un-partitioned space.
I was going to use the Windows XP Install disc format, and make an NTFS Partition.
But when it says "Setup is starting Windows XP" after about 20 seconds, it goes to the BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back