Stop Error – Windows wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My Windows had shut down and would not start back up. When I started my computer, it gave me the following STOP ERROR:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps. Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives
or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical information:xxx STOP: OXOOOOOO7B (OXF9E7264O,OXCOOOOO34,OXOOOOOOOO,OXOOOOOOOO)

I found a thread on this website that advised I do the following:

howard_hopkinso
04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
You need to do the following.

1 restart your computer and go to setup(bios) usually by pressing the F2 or delete key.

2 Once you get into setup look for the boot menu and make sure you set it to boot from cd first followed by your hard drive.

3 Put the Windows xp disk into your cd drive.

4 Now save your settings and exit bios.

5 While your computer is booting you will see a message that says "press any key to boot from cd" press any key.

6 When the welcome to setup screen appears press enter and then press F8 to accept the Microsoft licence agreement.

7 You will be prompted to repair an insallation press the escape key.

8 Now select partition that you want to reformat and press the D key to delete it you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the partition.

9 Now press C to create a brand new partition you will be asked what size you want the partition to be in mega bytes. If you just press enter then the partition will be the maximum size that you can have. This is perfectly ok if you don`t want to create multiple partitions.

10 You will now be asked to format the partition select the ntfs file sytem and do a full format.

11 Once the format is complete setup will continue.

Your computer will restart during the remaining setup again you will be asked to press any key to boot from cd DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING. and setup will continue. Once the setup is complete and you are back in Windows remove the Windows cd from your cd drive.

Regards Howard :)

I did the above and NOW ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE. I am very very sad, as I had no backup and it was at least 6 years of my life - files, photos, videos...all of which I assume is gone forever?

I am not good with computers, but figured I could fix via instrucitons...guess not.

ANY HELP? IS THERE ANY WAY TO RETRIEVE MY FILES?

Thanks for your time.

Ho there!!

Hi there!! You lost your files as you formatted the hard drive--

Tried to download Recova software form - **
www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Tried to run this application and will recover some files--And for best results tried to save these files on a backup drive --

Hope this will help you --

Take care :)

Thank you! But I am not even sure how to get on the internet now. My computer is blank and I am using a friends laptop to try and figure out my next step.

I apologize for being so ignorant...step by step directions would help if anyone is willing.

Hi

Hello

You mention that the computer is blank ?? Can you tell me are you able to rech the desktop screen where you have the icons or do u have the start menu --

Hemant Dhyani

I think I loaded a different version of XP...I had the media center version but cannot find my CD, so I used a Home edition version of XP.

I can get Windows to load, but no programs are installed, I had many before.

I downloaded the recuva and put it on my computer...It can't find anything.

I'm so upset with myself. I should have just taken it to a damn professionsal!!!!

UURRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Any help would be great, bu tI think I screwed it up.

Hi

Hi there!

I do understand that computers are frustrating at times -- I work for delll - So i knw how it feels -- You should have waited at the first place when you were getting a blue screen message - Before reinstalling windows - There are ways how to can repir thoes error messages --
Did you try to run a deep scan- Cause the application recova its a good application that can retrive infromation form the hard drive that has been formated --

Take care --

Hemant

Yea, I tried everything from blue screen.

I should have just paid someone to help me.

Instead, I erased 6+ years of everything I had. Videos, photos, files; things that are very special, in regards to photos, gone forever, I'm afraid.

Very sad for me and my loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back