Stop error 0x7E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managing PC that recieve stop error 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x806EE753,0xF96BDC28,0xF96BD924) happen times two about month apart run sfc and chkdisk no errors noted. As noted through guide need to run memtest and will do so this afternoon but since I already have the debuglog from minidump of 09/09 and 10/10 I thought I would post to see if guru might see something obvious in debuglog. I noted many references to fltmgr but my research seems to indicate that this is problably due to a driver type error that I am not able to recognize.

Please advise
All help much appreciated

Well it can be software as well
Especially software like daemon tools or Norton Antivirus
If you have these type of software packages (actually I think you have AVG) please uninstall them (Even AVG)

Confirm all your Drivers (from your Manufacture's support page, are up to date
Including Service Packs for Windows

If all this has been done, but you still receive Stop errors, go back and run Memtest again

Since this error is spaced so far apart is it advisable to uninstall my AVG antivirus, or is this to be an uninstall then reinstall. I will check all driver updates and ensure that WIN XP pro is up to date. I can live with intermittent crashes as long as the hardware is not endangered of failing this PC has some rather sensitive data. I am backing up documents regular but am uneasy related to the system crashing and data being unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back