Stop Error on xp installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

stop:0x000008e(0xc0000006, 0x80809d8f, 0xf9f218cc,0x00000000)
the above is the error that i get when i try to do a new install on a dell inspiron 8100. all i am asking is what the heck does this error have to do with!!!!!! any help is always greatly appreciated:blackeye:

0x8E errors are normally Hardware errors, try testing your RAM first using Memtest86.

If I have understood you correctly you are trying to Reinstall Windows.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

well i think i found the faulty ram and have not seen the error as of yet. now it is saying windows cannot create folder: windows\system32\mui, setup cannot continue till folder is created, any ideas

Very difficult to do any diagnostics based on the error codes... as they are primarily memory dumps... the codes appear when the memory dump is initiated when something has failed, and may not be close to the actual failure that caused the dump.
You have to look at infestations, as well as hardware failures... which can include memory, cpu fan, power supply, overheating, cooked thermal paste, and hard drive.
You need to develop a plan to check everything one step at a time... based on what you were doing and what components you were using.
We recommend starting with an installl of the fewest components, but that only works when the problem can be anticipated, or repetitive.

well i think i found the faulty ram and have not seen the error as of yet. now it is saying windows cannot create folder: windows\system32\mui, setup cannot continue till folder is created, any ideas

I can't help with that to be honest, I don't know too much to the inner workings about those folders.

raybay is right though it can be other causes most time the first MiniDump/s someone posts gets fixed, then they will post more which have different errors and causes, if you do get another BlueScreen then don't hesitate to post back with the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back