Strange fonts in IE9 on TechSpot.com

yukka

I do not have this problem with Firefox 10 but the fonts on Techspot.com are very strange in ie9 for me. I have seen it on another ie9 in my organisation and they don't have the same problem so its maybe just me. And maybe this needs to be moved into a different forum because its not specific to this site but there are clever people here and they might have an idea how I can fix it. Note the crosses under the first letter of the final word in each title and the annoying little tails the little "a"s all have. Any ideas guys?

Attachments

• techspot.jpg
    techspot.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 11
Can you please review the image you uploaded.
There is allot more wrong than just the crossings of a few letters?

Tell me about it. Here is a dual monitor pic of chrome on the left and ie9 on the right.

Attachments

• techspot.jpg
    techspot.jpg
    896.1 KB · Views: 7
Here's an idea... check if you have the Helvetica font installed and if it's working properly. If not, delete it so the site will default back to Arial which is more Windows-native.

On TechSpot we are currently picking our default font in this order: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif.

Ok it was Helvetica. I uninstalled all the variants from my windows/fonts folder but it didn't help. I reinstalled it again (it said it was already installed and asked if I wanted to replace it which was strange) but after trying a couple of variants its back to looking normal again.

Thanks Julio, it was driving me nuts!

Back