Strange Internet issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get straight to the point. My wireless internet has been acting strange lately. My connection just goes out to a "limited connectivity" or "local only" on my laptop at the most random times for a few minutes at a time, then comes back on and so forth. It's been doing this for a month and I have no idea how to fix it. It's extremely frustrating, especially when playing online games and the connection just goes out randomly.

I have comcast tv, phone, and internet service, and have had it for about a year now, and haven't had problems since about last month, so I'm not sure it's them. I've called them about 5 times dealing with it, and with that, I've changed my ethernet cables, got a new router, they've came out and "boosted" our router signal, unplugged and replugged back in the router and modem, etc, and nothing at all seems to help as this problem still is happening.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Download iSSIDer and run on scan for wireless in your area. You might be getting slammed buy others wireless signals in area.
You had mentioned you had changed the router, but you didn't say anything about the wireless on the laptop? Did you try uninstalling the driver or reinstalling it. Get another adapter and see if the issue goes way. Or have a friend come in and see if he or she has the same issue.

seems to me like ur internet connection does down, check to see when u have limited connectivity, can u still do LAN tasks? like file sharing etc

Download iSSIDer and run on scan for wireless in your area. You might be getting slammed buy others wireless signals in area.
You had mentioned you had changed the router, but you didn't say anything about the wireless on the laptop? Did you try uninstalling the driver or reinstalling it. Get another adapter and see if the issue goes way. Or have a friend come in and see if he or she has the same issue.

There's only 1 other signal in the remote vicinity, and that's a generic linksys connection with a 2 bar signal. And it doesn't just happen on my laptop, it's on my parent's laptop and just the entire connection in general. The main thing that pisses me off is when I'm playing games online, which is what I do most, so I doubt it would be a driver on a single laptop.

punkid said:
seems to me like ur internet connection does down, check to see when u have limited connectivity, can u still do LAN tasks? like file sharing etc

You mean download files? If so, no, because that runs off internet connection.

Like my internet could be working great, I download something, and in the middle of that download, the internet goes down, my file download freezes, as does everything internet related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back