Strange pattern sound, Mouse curser move freely without my touch

neowing

My computer was installed win7.

What happened is:

After 5mins of game playing, I closed all program that related game.
Next, I click to view some folders.
Suddenly, my computer get noise something like an alarm. The problem is I don't remember where the alarm came from because my monitor have its own speaker and I was in panic. But it might the mainboard warning sound because the sound had some kind of pattern sound.

In addition, in the monitor, mouse curser move itself. So I tried to move the mouse but it won't listen but I can see the curser was try to resist. Moreover the monitor's screen became slower. I mean slow motion is showing. But I still cannot control and pattern sound continue.

I cannot help myself so 'control alt delete' but I did not see usual window. So I turned off computer manually.

After that I start the windows in normal mode.
Do you think it's virus ?
But the game is not require any internet connection.

Anyone know the cause ?

/////////////

Just a guess - either ransomware or fake ransomware on the software end - OR - some unexpected heat or short condition.

Disconnect the bootable drive and set it aside. Use other boot media (like Ubuntu on a DVD) and see if the rest of the system works still. If system works ok, you may wish to make a copy of the removed drive against the possibility there is something nasty lurking there. Hopefully, you have a separate safe backup of all your data. If you can connect the old boot drive as a non-bootable secondary drive, perhaps you can scan it. Alternatively, you can disable boot in BIOS and boot from a Rescue Disk or some similar. Various 'rescue disks' are available for free. I use Bitdefender.

Let us know what unfolds.

Just a guess - either ransomware or fake ransomware on the software end - OR - some unexpected heat or short condition.

Disconnect the bootable drive and set it aside. Use other boot media (like Ubuntu on a DVD) and see if the rest of the system works still. If system works ok, you may wish to make a copy of the removed drive against the possibility there is something nasty lurking there. Hopefully, you have a separate safe backup of all your data. If you can connect the old boot drive as a non-bootable secondary drive, perhaps you can scan it. Alternatively, you can disable boot in BIOS and boot from a Rescue Disk or some similar. Various 'rescue disks' are available for free. I use Bitdefender.

Let us know what unfolds.

You mean
1) disconnect c drive.
2) download ubuntu any version
Is usb version work ?
3) if ubuntu show desktop correctly,
Do the remove virus malware steps ?
But I don't have extra harddrive.
4) What if ubuntu does not show desktop ?

But
After last attempt (manual restart), my computer work fine.
Should I continue your step ?

///////////////

SO, it restarted with NO problem. Might want to figure out why it was troubled. At least run a thorough scan with https://www.malwarebytes.com/ - and if you haven't made a back-up, consider doing so.

Before I post new thread, I already tried Malwarebytes.
Scan was clean.

So, did I over worry about computer ?

Thank you for replying !

At least, I will try to open my computer to remove dust because
The pattern sound is similar to warnning from the mainboard: Overheating.

Once again thank you.

Back