Strange window on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehorror

Ladies & Germs, after trying and trying, I was finally able to complete the 8 steps and remove a bunch of crap off my comp. My system is back in my control...or is it? After running all sorts of programs, I was left with this strange object in my lower, right hand screen on my comp. It doesn't seem to be clickable, closable or identifiable. What gives? Any ideas? Should I run HIJACK THIS, MBAM AND SAS and attach?

Please take a look at the jpeg attachment and give me a good idea of what more I need to do to get whatever is remaining off my comp! By the way, after running SmitFraudFix, my time changed from regular to military time! WHAT GIVES?!

Attachments

• whatsleft.jpg
    whatsleft.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 8
I don't know, because you must follow the guide's recommendations and submit the logs

By the way do you have Norton and Mcafee working together? Because I'd recommend uninstalling both (anyway you can't have two antiviruses working together)
Then install one of the free Antiviruses mentioned in the guide

Hey kimsland! Thanks for replying, I'll post up my logs shortly. I'm finally able to follow each step.

As for the Norton & McAfee, Norton is inactive but it never really seemed to leave. I'll uninstall. I DO have McAfee running because I was afraid to allow SAS, Avira or MBAM be one of my default spyware/virus programs but if that's what you recommend...which would you recommend the most?

Turns out the blank window was actually some kind of a pop-up reminder from SUPERAntiSpyware. Not sure why it didn't show up but it's all good now.

So, I rid myself of Norton. I now have McAfee, Avira, Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. What should I keep? What should I rid myself of when my comp is clean and everything is situated?

Very good, I was going through all my new email replies, and seemed to have got a new one from you :)

How's it all going on your system now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back