Streaming sites won't load

William Lee

I'm having issues getting Videos to play, it seems like they won't play till the video is finished loading. It was never an issue before as the videos would play while still loading, but now they'll just be stuck on the loading screen.

Sites like Movietube, primewire etc..
youtube works fine, but I'm assuming that's cause they are usually smaller files

No issues w/ Movie Tube. I'm using FF 36.0.3. Looks like the movies aren't played in the Flash player, but are of the webm type. Maybe they changed file format and your browser doesn't support the new format?

What browser are you using? Can you play any of the clips here within your browser?

I was able to play all the clips inside Chrome immediately except with FLV I had to start the plug-in first

I'm using chrome. The first 3 videos on that site played fine. The last two make me dl it after I clicked the link.

While it's stuck and appears to be loading, is it actually loading the movie? If you look at network activity while it's "loading", you see any activity? On Win7, Resource Monitor can help you w/ that if you don't have a program for monitoring network traffic.

For MovieTube, looks like the movies are being played from googlevideo.com (I've only tried a few, there might be some other sites), so if connection to that can't be made, you'll see the spinning loading icon.

In FF, use the Page Info function to see the URL for the movie. It'll have "googlevideo.com" in it. If there's no connection issue, you should be able to copy & paste the URL into another window/tab & play the movie.

Back