Stuck on bios screen

So I recently built a gaming pc and it was working great! I was playing titles like anthem, apex legends, and many more. The next day I decided to do some cable management and when I was finished I turned it back on and all I got was a bios screen. It says press F2 or DEL to enter bios but it won’t do anything. It’s like it’s frozen or something. I double checked all the cables a billion times. Switched out keyboards and even tried putting the ram in different slots. I’ve tried taking the drives out and booting like that and nothing seems to work. any suggestions? I could really use some help and all questions are appreciated.

"turned it back on and all I got was a bios screen. "
-no beeps?
-no fan(s) movement?

Could be lots of different things. If while doing 'cable management' you left something a little loose (like a sata connector) or connected one pin over (like a fan or a USB wire to the front panel), you could have this kind of issue. Also, there might be an infantile failure (bad memory, bad HDD, etc).

If you have 'tried everything' (or feel that way) the next step is to tear it down and reassemble it - adding one component at a time and trying to turn it on, getting error codes which agree with what you have not installed (an error because it isn't there). You can start with the cpu installed and work up (RAM error, install RAM, then no OS, install boot drive, etc) - eventually it all works OR the broken component comes to light (like a RAM error even after you install RAM)

Good advice => https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm

"turned it back on and all I got was a bios screen. "
-no beeps?
-no fan(s) movement?

Could be lots of different things. If while doing 'cable management' you left something a little loose (like a sata connector) or connected one pin over (like a fan or a USB wire to the front panel), you could have this kind of issue. Also, there might be an infantile failure (bad memory, bad HDD, etc).

If you have 'tried everything' (or feel that way) the next step is to tear it down and reassemble it - adding one component at a time and trying to turn it on, getting error codes which agree with what you have not installed (an error because it isn't there). You can start with the cpu installed and work up (RAM error, install RAM, then no OS, install boot drive, etc) - eventually it all works OR the broken component comes to light (like a RAM error even after you install RAM)

Good advice => https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm
I’ve tried everything and it all ties down to the motherboard. I’ve tried new power supply’s, RAM, And a new OS. Even put in new hard drives. I think it’s a Mobo failure.

Good luck with RMA - make lots of notes. They may ask you to repeat things you have done...I recommend you do what they ask as something might surface.

Back