Suddenly no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my sound has suddenly stopped working. It was fine last night, but when I came home today it wasn't working. I tried plugging in headphones into the audio jack and still no sound. Right now I'm using hdmi cables.

Can someone please post some suggestions as to what I should do to further diagnose the problem?

I'm using windows 7.

[EDIT]

Oh and everything says I have sound. What I mean is, when I am playing a video with sound and I watch the system sound control, the sound gauge lights up in accordance to the video.

Have you checked the control panel setting. Sometimes the audio card goes mute. If it's ok, then try to reinstall the sound card.
o.gif

Had a very similar issue to yours just the other day, worked fine all day then just stopped for no real reason. I couldn't figure out what I did, and was positive I didn't mess around with the drivers. So I recommend you check to make sure you didn't accidentally mute an option somewhere, if you didn't I say do a system restore to when you had sound. This solved my problem without me having to reinstall all the drivers or figure out what in the world I did. If nothing else works reinstalling your sound card drivers is the way to go.

There can be several things wrong. But the main thing would be is an audio device selected in your sound settings. And or is there even a driver installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back