Suspected BIOS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my problem: after rebooting my system I made sone changes to the BIOS settings, saved them and restarted.
The BIOS won't POST now, the screen is not even receiving signal from the VC
I tried all the known methods to reset the BIOS (removed battery, changed mobo jumpers to reset it) nothing happens.
I run an Intel mobo with an Intel bios. Was running fine until I had saved the settings.
I think I ran out of options, any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Bios problem

ok, this is driving me nuts! I have tried to look everywhere for more information on my problem. Everything was working fine, after installing a different video card, and all updates until~~~~ bios update. I'm almost problem the problem is with the bios update. Now windows xp will not boot up and keeps going back to startup. I have tried to reset bios to defaults, taken out the cmos battery, can't find out where the cmos jumpers are (pslp-le motherboard), tried to even reinstall xp, it doesn't even show a previous version of xp, crashes when I try to reinstall xp. I just want to install the proper bios version for this mutha~ board. This board also seems to be lacking alot of other functions compared to others, any help please~

pslp-le rv 1.05 motherboard
bios version 3.19 this was the updated one from hp. after looking deeper, it says to update this version but it's a different motherboard?
PTGD-LA/PTGD1-LA/PTGD2-LA Motherboard BIOS Update?
hp media center m7000 kr

myim74, you should have started your own thread instead of hijacking kwhunter's thread. It will tend to cause confusion as we try to answer two different questions from two different members in the same thread. That said, I'll take a stab at it. I looked up the specs for your PC and it comes with a SATA hard drive. When you flashed the BIOS, did you take care to set the BIOS to SATA or AHCI mode for the hard drive (and optical drive if applicable). If it was set to SATA/AHCI mode before, after flashing, the BIOS may have reset to IDE mode. I don't know if this is so, however, because I don't know what options your BIOS has. If it did reset to IDE mode, Windows will not boot until the original mode is set.

Why did you find it necessary to flash your BIOS in the first place?

You can chat directly with HP, info here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html
Once you confirm your s/n and p/n HP will advise you on the latest Bios for your computer
Note: You do not need to be on the HP computer when chatting to HP (anyway you can't)

Do note: A bios update is critical and should ideally be performed before installing Windows
Also, HP (and any manufacturer) do not take any liability for Bios updates in particular, in other words if it never works again, its not their fault. This is a common disclaimer all computer hardware manufacturers make and also clearly state before updating your Bios revision

Edit:
Oh this is another member :confused:

thank you for the replies

Sorry about not starting another thread, I wasn't thinking straight~ I will check the bios setting for the hard. I think it was set to raid, this is probably the reason it wont let me reinstall windows, crashes, or contstanly . I'll let you know how it goes. I found out on the hp site. the exact model is media center m7350kr. this is the correct bios version for p5pl-le motherboard which I downloaded from the hp site. I ended up updating the bios because windows was not recognizing some hardware and figured it would be ok since it was on the the list of updates.. shouldn't have fiddled around.

thank you for the replies

Sorry about not starting another thread, I wasn't thinking straight~ I will check the bios setting for the hard. I think it was set to raid, this is probably the reason it wont let me reinstall windows, crashes, or the constant restarts. I'll let you know how it goes. I found out on the hp site. the exact model is media center m7350kr. this is the correct bios version for p5pl-le motherboard which I downloaded from the hp site. I ended up updating the bios because windows was not recognizing some hardware and figured it would be ok since it was on the the list of updates.. shouldn't have fiddled around. Also found how how to clear the cmos settings. will try a couple more things and let you guys know how it went, thanks

Thanks kimsland.
I've tried that already to no avail.
It simply won't start. Moreover, then I press the start button on the case the fan starts spinning, then stops and a little while later starts by itself, like it runs on a timer but that's it, nothing on screen. Could be the cpu or vc shot?! all of a sudden? The computer worked before I changed the BIOS settings; the vc is integral with the mobo.

Thx guys!!!

It was the problem with identifying the sata drive, just put it to IDE and works flawless! Much thanks ^^

Repost - BIOS problem? solution?

Since a ***** hijacked my thread... I have to repost and hopefully somebody may help:

Here's my problem: after rebooting my system I made sone changes to the BIOS settings, saved them and restarted.
The BIOS won't POST now, the screen is not even receiving signal from the VC
I tried all the known methods to reset the BIOS (removed battery, changed mobo jumpers to reset it) nothing happens.
I run an Intel mobo with an Intel bios. Was running fine until I had saved the settings.
I think I ran out of options, any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back