SVChost.exe - Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help guys. I had a computer sent out to my buddy to get cleaned up. He detected/deleted some malware as well as fixed my registry problems. He started the computer, connected to the internet and used the system with no problems.

I get it back this morning and go to start it up. At the login screen I get this message:

C:\Windows\system32\services.exe terminated with status code "1073741819"

It then tells me that the computer is going to restart in 60 seconds and begins the countdown. When the countdown finishes the computer does nothing. I shutdown and restarted a few times and was able to get past this issue.

Now, during startup, after logging in, I get an svchost error. I get this message:

The instruction at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

This is the SAME EXACT message i was getting before i sent my computer off to my buddy.This problem is really starting to affect my business because the error renders the computer useless. I cannot connect to the internet or use any programs effectively.

Any idea whats going on? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hate to ask this but if I am to help you I need you do do the below to confirm you really are clean and the logs will tell me something about your system!

So do the below!

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).
avg

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Mike

I cannot use these programs updated. Updating them on my system is not possible, i cannot connect to the internet at all. I am going to transfer these programs to the other computer using a thumb drive.

UPDATE: I cannot install SUPERAntiSpyware on the infected computer. I get the same svchost.exe error(see above) when clicking the SUPERAntiSpyware setup.

Okay, for the record, you really didn't give us much to work with!

1. What operating system is being used?
2. How much RAM is installed?

Something to keep in mind: You may already know this but after scanning in Safe Mode if you are able to return to Normal Mode scan again in Normal Mode with MalwareBytes because MalwareBytes is unable to run all of it's drivers in Safe mode, and therefore is unable to find things that it would ordinarily.

Are these you or your twin?

As was noted on all, this smacks of malware- Trojans, Blaster and Sasser Worm. Do what you can running the malware programs. Use a flash drive as needed. Attach the logs from the programs when finished.

NOTE: It would be in your best interest to report in the Virus and Malware Removal Forum. Give the error messages, a short recap of problem and please include RAM and OS information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back