SwiftKey 3 for Android released, $1.99 today only

Jos

Staff

SwiftKey, the popular third-party keyboard application for Android is getting a major update today, along with a limited-time 50% discount to celebrate the launch. Billed as “the most accurate and complete auto-correction and prediction available on any smartphone or tablet,” SwiftKey 3 brings a number of improvements over its predecessor, including omitted space correction, an enhanced UI, and additional languages.

The new spacing prediction capabilities of SwiftKey — officially known as Smart Space — build upon the software’s already impressive ability to correct typing mistakes and predict the next word in your sentence. If you type something like “Pleseecallmw”, for example, SwiftKey 3 will change that to "Please call me”.

The new version also includes a bigger space bar for better typing accuracy and a new punctuation key that will present several options with a long-press, two new themes, and support for Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian, and Serbian for a total of 42 supported languages in the latest release.

SwiftKey 3 is a free upgrade for those who bought it earlier. New users can find it on sale for a limited time in the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for $1.99, down 50% from the usual $3.99. There’s also a tablet version for the same price and free trial for either of them that expires after 30 days.

Permalink to story.

Can anyone who has used this, tell me what makes it better than the standard Android keyboard?

I'm on my first Android phone (HTC Desire S) and I cannot find anything wrong with the standard keyboard.

I have the 2nd version, all it does it make typing quicker
mode 1: speed typeing, corrects more words
mode 2: slow and accurate typing, give more suggestions

really only thing I noticed lol
will be on file crop in no time

It has the best spell correction I've ever seen, which works for my style of typing (bash in the general directions of the right keys and hope for the best). Obviously if you're careful with your typing, that doesn't help a whole lot. But it definitely speeds up my typing, so that's a plus with me.

I have swiftkey 2 and love it, the only complaint that I have ever have was the small space bar and it not being able to predictivly correct the space. It is well worth $4 and at $2 I can't pass it up.

Can anyone who has used this, tell me what makes it better than the standard Android keyboard?

I'm on my first Android phone (HTC Desire S) and I cannot find anything wrong with the standard keyboard.

:facepalm: did you even watch the youtube clip? For the lazy amongst you, it dramatically speeds up your typing, no matter how sloppy your text entry is, and gives far more accurate suggestions than the default keyboard...

Not in my experience. I downloaded Swiftkey X and now Swiftkey 3. NEITHER of them worked properly on my razr maxx. Neither would predict words or even CORRECT them. I believe you have to buy the full version to get text prediction in this version but to not even correct my mistakes is a joke.

ive noticed I dont make near as many mistakes with version 3 vs android keyboard. also I seem to type fast enough that the android keyboard lags sometimes were v3 doesnt

Back