System configuration for mid-budget gaming pc

Hi everyone
I'm Indrashis,I live in Kolkata(India) and I want to build a midrange gaming rig for around 26000-30000 rupees.
I have keyboards and mouse and a 16inch LCD monitor so i wont be buying those things and i will be playing Crysis,COD 6,Metro 2033 etc games.
(Also I want to have DDR3 RAM in my rig)
Please suggest accordingly.

Hi Indrashis95. Welcome to Techspot.

With a budget of around 30K INR you'll have to make do with an AMD dual or triple core system.

Look into the Phenom II X2 555 BE or if you can find the Phenom II X3 720. Any board with an AMD 770 / 870 chipset should do fine. You might be able to squeeze in the Phenom II X4 925 if you find a cheap enough motherboard.

As you'll be gaming on a 16" monitor I assume that your resolution will not exceed 1280x1024. A Radeon HD 5770 will be more than enough. In fact you could even consider the cheaper HD 4770 / 4850 for your system.

A 2x2GB DDR3 kit will do good. A good quality 450W PSU (with sufficient amps on the 12V rails) should run the system.

Just hunt around for the best possible prices. The vendors here are usually out to fleece you.

Incidentally, I'm also from Kolkata. :)

System configuration for mid budget gaming pc

You are from Kolkata too!!!Thank god...
Arre you know,initially I made a configuration and got it estimated from ChadniMarket but I don't know whether it will
last for 2-3 years or not.
AMD PHENOM2 X4 945 3.0Ghz=Rs6400+
500GB HDD cegate=Rs1800+
LG DVD writer=Rs900+
2 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM=Rs2600+
XFX ATI 5770 GDDR5 1GB GPU=Rs9100+
Cabinet=around Rs1000+
Motherboard=Gigabyte(suggested by the vendor.don't know the model number)Rs2525+
how is this configuration???
I know this processor has AM3 socket so I doubt that the motherboard they have suggested
will be good.coz at this price range can I get an AM3 mobo?Also I have to go for a 500w
SMPS separately which will cost me atlest Rs3000+ more..so I'll run out of budget.
Suggest me where should I spend less and where more...
I want to go for 5770 for 2reasons
1)Dtx 11
2)It will do good for coming 2 or 3 years and if later I decide to upgrade my monitor
Should I go for Intel.I can get an Intel core i3 530 with DH55PJ mobo for=Rs 9350+
I'm totally confused about the processors and Mobos...
What should I do?
Which Motherboard I should buy?
Should I buy 500 Watt SMPS?
Please suggest something early,I'll be buying the rig this week.
Thank you

Hi Indrashis95. Welcome to Techspot.

With a budget of around 30K INR you'll have to make do with an AMD dual or triple core system.

Look into the Phenom II X2 555 BE or if you can find the Phenom II X3 720. Any board with an AMD 770 / 870 chipset should do fine. You might be able to squeeze in the Phenom II X4 925 if you find a cheap enough motherboard.

As you'll be gaming on a 16" monitor I assume that your resolution will not exceed 1280x1024. A Radeon HD 5770 will be more than enough. In fact you could even consider the cheaper HD 4770 / 4850 for your system.

A 2x2GB DDR3 kit will do good. A good quality 450W PSU (with sufficient amps on the 12V rails) should run the system.

Just hunt around for the best possible prices. The vendors here are usually out to fleece you.

Incidentally, I'm also from Kolkata. :)

You are from Kolkata too,khub valo laglo porchoy hoye!!!Thank god...
Arre you know,initially I made a configuration and got it estimated from ChadniMarket but I don't know whether it will
last for 2-3 years or not.
AMD PHENOM2 X4 945 3.0Ghz=Rs6400+
500GB HDD cegate=Rs1800+
LG DVD writer=Rs900+
2 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM=Rs2600+
XFX ATI 5770 GDDR5 1GB GPU=Rs9100+
Cabinet=around Rs1000+
Motherboard=Gigabyte(suggested by the vendor.don't know the model number)Rs2525+
how is this configuration???
I know this processor has AM3 socket so I doubt that the motherboard they have suggested
will be good.coz at this pricerange can I get an AM3 mobo?Also I have to go for a 500w
SMPS separately which will cost me atlest Rs3000+ more..so I'll run out of budget.
Suggest me where should I spend less and where more...
I want to go for 5770 for 2reasons
1)Dtx 11
2)It will do good for comming 2 or 3 years and if later I decide to upgrade my monitor
Should I go for Intel.I can get an Intel core i3 530 with DH55PJ mobo for=Rs 9350+
I'm totally confused about the processors and Mobos...
What should I do?
Which Motherboard I should buy?
Should I buy 500 Watt SMPS?
Please suggest something early,I'll be buying the rig this week.Can suggest me any
decent reliable shop from where I can buy this stuffs?
Thank you..Happy Independence Day

stick with Amd. and the processor you picked. quad core processors will become more useful as games continue to us the additional cores more effectively. as for the rest it sounds pretty good. Maybe an extra 2gb of ddr3 ram in the future. as for the motherboard maybe this one?

of course find the same one on your favourite website for your currency

hope this helps
Thank you very much
I herd that the heatsink that is provided with the AMD chips are not very good.
Is that true?I'm not familiar with AMD very much but i've herd this thing from couple of users.As I wont be overclocking my chip,will I have to buy other heatsinks?
D'u think 5700 for a 16inch LCD will be more than enough?

Stick with the AMD config. The X4 945 is a very good CPU. I also have doubts about that motherboard for only Rs. 2500. My ASUS M4A78T-E (AMD 790GX) board came for almost 10 grand. The point is, most vendors in Kolkata don't really know what they're selling and the buyers even less so. As a result people get ripped off. Do your research well.

The HD 5770 will be more than sufficient for a 16" LCD. Also, you can't possibly get a decent cabinet for less than 3.5K. The least you should get is an Antec 300. Any case coming at 1000 bucks is going to be really bad.

If you need any help you can contact me. I'll PM you my mail id. :)

Back