System Error (102) - computer restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing some (seemingly) random computer restarts. Both while playing games and while not playing games. I'm here to ask for some help on how to fix the problem, and really really appreciate any help or advice you can give me. I'm not sure exactly what information to provide, if you need any more information i'll do my best to find it.

Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003

Description:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 806d9e14, parameter3 80549bc4, parameter4 00000000.

Cheers,
Dave.

0x8E errors are caused by hardware issues though sometimes it can be a driver.

The driver cited is AmdK8.sys which is an AMD Processor driver and from what I have been able to research this driver is required by your motherboard to support AMD processors.

Since this seems to be both a hardware issue, i.e. your cpu and a driver issues I recommend that you go to the forums here that deal with cpus. Post your BSOD crashes, that your error is 0x8E and the driver cited is AmdK8.sys

Make it a definitive title but short, something like, Comp crashing/AmdK8.sys CPU driver is cited.

Good luck. By the way, is the fan working on your cpu?

Thanks very much Route44, i'll make a thread in that forum now.
And yeah, my fan is working, i thought my restarts might be due to overheating ( afew weeks ago) so i checked my fan, took it out and cleaned it and the heatsink but it didn't seem to reduce the temperature.

Do you think further action is required to lower the temp?

Certain hardware like cpus, video cards, etc. have temperature thresholds. If they reach or go beyond the recommended range they often shut down because they are trying to protect from being damaged.

Your cpu has a threshhold. In other words, is 50c/122f within safety parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back