System freezes for few minutes or crashes

Hi!

My computer is a clean install of Win 7 64bit. The rig is a few years old, having a new graphic card and a new main HDD (the last one died). My problem is few days old:
Computer freezes and don't want to get up after rebooting. I need to wait for a few minutes or try several times for it to start. When this happens I can hear hdd and the fans starting up but there is no "single beep" as always and the monitor is not getting into the active mode.
If I wait a few minutes - it's starting up no problem. Then sometimes after 1,2 or even 6 hours of normal work the system freezes again. Once I had a BSOD with memory_management info.But only once. I have recently updated my BIOS succesfully thinking it may help but it didn't. I have the latest graphic drivers.

I was just about to run the Memtest86+ test from a USB for overnight when I found a post on this forum regarding some similar problem. There was a forum member that suggested running a OCCT test. So I downloaded the software and gave it a try just for a few minutes to check out the software. I didn't have to wait long - after 1,5min there was a "Error detected"

I'm attaching all the logs from this test.I don't know what does all this info means.
Can someone please help me figure it out?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 21-21.zip
    584.5 KB · Views: 1
Go ahead and run Memtest86 and check the hard drive for errors by going to Computer, and right-click on the C drive, select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

Memtest86: 9 passes and no errors.
Diskchecks made with no errors.

OCCT test stops again, and again with message "Error detected on core #0"
What does it mean? Is my procesor giving up?

I'm afraid that wont help since when I updated my BIOS rom all settings already were set to default by this action.
I'm running out of ideas what could be wrong.

Well it is home made but everything worked fine for at least 2 years. The only modifications I did lately was changing the main hdd for a new one and installing a fresh Win 7 64bit system.

My motherboard is ASUS P5Q Deluxe and my PSU is a MODU 82+ (625 W) by ENERMAX
I only have one graphic card which is a Geeforce 470 and 4gb of corsair RAM

Also, I managed to narrow the problem down:

lately it is games that freeze (I didn;t have a new freeze running windows only since my last post), and they do not freeze like crash-freeze but it;s more like a lag-spike because if I wait for >30sec it comes back to normal and I can play for a short period of time till it happens again. I didn't mention it before because I never waited that long after a freeze. Sometimes I can even Alt-Ctrl-Del out of a game when it is freezed.
This happens in all games I play (XCOM, Chivalry, Dishonored, BF3, COH). I have reinstalled my graphic drivers but that did nothing. It;s not that my computer is not powerfull enough for the games - the freeze gets me even on the older titles and when there is no freeze games run smoothly with >40fps

I'm attaching a screenshot of hardware monitor with a cpu occt test running in the background.
Looks like it is not overheating because I did all kind of tests and stress tests of both GPU and CPU and all tenepratures were ok.

Attachments

• hm.jpg
    hm.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1
Sure sounds like a heating problem, but once it freezes and comes back to normal, this doesn't sound like a heating problem. Change the power supply

Back