System mechanic error

hi
friends,,

last sunday i read a highly positive review of System Mechanic 9 in UK’s largest newspaper, which calls it “better than ever” and praises as “the equivalent of peeling back the past two years of a PC’s life.” Reviewer notes that “the beauty of System Mechanic is that it brings all digital housekeeping routines together as one, easy-to-use program.”
then i buy it through on online website with a fantastic discount.the overall performance is awesome.
after installing it i formatted my d drive then i am unable to handle it properly.

Now problem is that, whenever i open up system mechanic, it says "system status is good. 1 problem is lowering your system's overall status." then i click "repair now", nd after that, i click "repair now" again. system mechanic tries to repair it, and then a screen pops up.
"An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: An invalid character was found in text content.
Line: 4
<FileType>?
Code: 0
URL:res://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5Ciol…
I entered the URL in Internet Explorer 7 and this page came up with all the wrong info. I have System Mechanic 7.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I HAVE REINSTALLED IT BUT STILL THERE IS PROBLEM

Explorer 7 is showing you the wrong info, because the URL is not made for a web-browser :p - the URL is depicting where the file is. The file slowing down your PC that is.

Let's analyze:
Line: 1
Char: 1

Error: An invalid character was found in text content.
Line: 4
<FileType>?
Code: 0
URL:res://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5Ciol…

Ok, so what seems to be the problem is that the file which causes the system to slow down has some kind of an issue which prohibits the System Mechanic from repairing it. My guess would be that the file's name contains some kind of diacritical letter which confuses the program, though this is very unlikely.

Line 1, Char 1 means that the script used for repairing has an error already at the very first code. Also, the filetype of this file is not recognized, indicating that something is indeed strange with this file.

Tell you what; could you type the entire name of that URL?
" URL:res://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5Ciol… "

There seems to be some text missing, as this is the address for the file causing the problem.

%3A means colon ( : ) - %20 means space ( ) and %5C means backslash ( \ ). So the file in question is located in C:\Program Files\ "iol"-something.

Maybe it's just a simple error in this file or a strange name causing the problem. Can you see the entire URL? (If yes, can you respond with it?)

TechSpot is here to serve, so to speak :)

Edit:
Oh wait, the URL is actually made for web-browsers... well, it doesn't really matter as Explorer 7 only has a non-important role in all of this.

Back