Taco Bell launches $10 taco-a-day subscription program

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? The subscription model has proven wildly successful in the world of entertainment, but can it be applied to other areas of our lives? Taco Bell aims to find out as the fast food restaurant chain has launched a digital taco subscription service that allows members to redeem a free taco each day for 30 consecutive days.

Subscribers can choose from one of seven different tacos including the crunchy taco, crunchy taco supreme, soft taco, soft taco supreme, spicy potato soft taco, Doritos locos tacos and the Doritos locos tacos supreme.

The Taco Lover’s Pass is priced at $10 and can be purchased by Taco Bell rewards program members.

Taco Bell tested the idea in Tucson, Arizona, in September 2021, and found that 20 percent of participants were new to the Taco Bell rewards program. An additional 20 percent renewed for a second time, with the fan favorite taco being the Doritos locos tacos supreme.

Food-based subscription services are a risky proposition. If you’re anything like me, eating the same food every day is a surefire way to grow tired of it and not want it again for months or even years at a time.

On the flip side, as Taco Bell discovered during its trial run, it’s a solid way to boost rewards program participation. What’s more, those who come in to redeem their free taco are likely also going to purchase additional menu items at regular price, thus boosting overall sales. And for those that subscribe but only use it a time or two a month, well that’s a win for Taco Bell, too.

What are your thoughts? Are subscriptions getting out of hand or do you like the flexibility they afford, regardless of what category they fall into?

Permalink to story.

Just say no to subscriptions.

I love Taco Bell, mostly for their fountain soda, Chalupas and Quesadillas, but there's no way in Hell I'd eat that stuff every day.

...and they already know, if you do come there to redeem that free item every single day, you're gonna buy something else along side it.

...and this is why I keep my store-specific-cups in my truck.

"The Taco Lover’s Pass is priced at $10 and can be purchased by Taco Bell rewards program members."
- Said the Spider to the Fly...

This program is probably the most brazen disreguard for public health I think I have ever seen!

...and they already know, if you do come there to redeem that free item every single day, you're gonna buy something else along side it.

...and this is why I keep my store-specific-cups in my truck.

I feel like your whole account is just role-playing as a successful tech bro capitalist. But when you say stuff like "I keep a collection of fast food cups in my car to save a dollar on a drink" the facade crumbles a bit.

I feel like your whole account is just role-playing as a successful tech bro capitalist. But when you say stuff like "I keep a collection of fast food cups in my car to save a dollar on a drink" the facade crumbles a bit.
Yo, You for real believed He's got like two 3090Ti's and shares of nVidia or whatever?
I always thought it's like a sarcasm on His side, or at least some mental health issues. His bragging is just too colourfull... Funny as f*ck, I'll give Him that...

I'm cheap and have questionable ethics.

But always remember...entropy is the only real truth.

Donde puedes me enscribir? or how it is in Spanish. Sorry, I speak a different romance language (Unde pot să mă-nscriu?)

Paying Taco Bell $10/day for what they claim passes as real food? 🤣🤣🤣

I'd rather cook my own - its cheaper and far healthier.
Interesting .... reminds me of that dude that ate McDonalds every day for a month. He ended up in the hospital .... can TB top that one? LOL
You can bet that someone will come along and try to sue them for making them sick with their food.

Since obesity rates are through the roof, I think it is safe to say that we are doing a pretty poor job in self-regulation :)
We? I didn't know I was contributing to other people's over eating.

All jokes aside, there are places in the US where this is a deal. Where I live I can get 3 large burrito supremes for under $10. I've been in places in the US where two soft tacos are $8.

I'm cheap and have questionable ethics.

But always remember...entropy is the only real truth.

Just like Hetty Green - she was super rich

Green's thriftiness was legendary. She was said never to turn on the heat or use hot water. She wore one old black dress and undergarments that she changed only after they had been worn out; she did not wash her hands and she rode in an old carriage. She ate mostly pies that cost fifteen cents. One tale claims that Green spent half a night searching her carriage for a lost stamp worth two cents. Another asserts that she instructed her laundress to wash only the dirtiest parts of her dresses (the hems) to save money on soap

but here is the best one
Green's frugality extended to family life. Her son Ned had to suffer a leg amputation, because she delayed so long in looking for a free clinic that his case became incurable. She was wealthy, yet she chose to live like a pauper.

Paying Taco Bell $10/day for what they claim passes as real food? 🤣🤣🤣

I'd rather cook my own - its cheaper and far healthier.

You can bet that someone will come along and try to sue them for making them sick with their food.
It's $10/month for 1 taco a day. Basically they know that a person will eat more than just 1 taco so those daily visits will generate more sales, or they still get $ for those who only visit a few days a month. Win-win for Taco Bell.

It's $10/month for 1 taco a day. Basically they know that a person will eat more than just 1 taco so those daily visits will generate more sales, or they still get $ for those who only visit a few days a month. Win-win for Taco Bell.
that was not made clear, $10/m? I would hit that place everyday

Back