TechSpot friend needs help

learninmypc

A friend circusboy01 has been trying to get in here for a month or more & I've even asked julio for help but so far he still can't get in. He said something about being banned due to spam but I know that not true & even julio said he should be able to get in. I'm going to send him the link to this thread in hopes somebody can help him get back in,any ideas? thank you. :)

Has circusboy01 tried logging in from different machines/locations?
Assuming there is an error, what exactly is the error?

I'm assuming he can still participate as a guest, if not the issue is deeper than a log-in issue.

He is not able to get out much if at all. I suggested he go to the library to logon & that is when he told me why he can't. The only error he has told me about is he was banned for spamming but I know that is not true & julio said he should be ok. I'm very puzzled & want to help him.
He can probably use TS as a guest, but I think one MUST be logged in to get virus/malware help.

I don't show circusboy01 as banned but I haven't seen him log in since May 17. His account appears to be in good standing.

I don't show circusboy01 as banned but I haven't seen him log in since May 17. His account appears to be in good standing.
Thats what julio said but he says he can't get in. I did just get an email from him telling me he can get in as a guest,but like I said, that don't allow him access to to the malware/virus forum if need be

I don't have any direct access to his account other than looking at it - but I would probably suggest attempting a password recovery if he hasn't already. It would also be helpful to see what actual error message he is getting when he attempts to log in.

I don't have any direct access to his account other than looking at it - but I would probably suggest attempting a password recovery if he hasn't already. It would also be helpful to see what actual error message he is getting when he attempts to log in.
As previously said, he just said it told him he was "banned for spamming: . I know he wouldn't do that.

Because a person can only have one TechSpot account I banned a second account created by circusboy01, however, I did nothing to circusboy01's original account.

In his defense I gotta ask, how you know the first account is his? Are you certain you didn't make a mistake?

From a personal inquiry what difference does it make, having more than one account if all posting regulations are being upheld?

Although anything is possible, yes, I'm quite sure. To clarify, I did nothing to his first account which is circusboy01. I also don't know why he can't sign into it. His second account was deleted. The fact that he mentions being banned tells me he has seen the message generated from his second account.

From TechSpot's ToS: "Each member is entitled to have only one forum account and must provide a functional e-mail address (not made public unless you've agreed to)."

@mailpup & others, I just received an email from him telling me he has created another account using his other email address & is asking "the powers that be" to kindly allow it so he can get back in. Once he gets back in, I'm sure he'll be able to supply answers for you. Thank you & please allow him in on his new account.

Back