TechSpot's new web page design!

dansharp2014

I don't know what's going on but the new web page design is horrible. It's difficult to see much less read. Dark colors and pages. Grey back round with faint black lettering. who thought of that and did you look at it yourselves before changing it? Really dislike the new format.

Uh, oh. It looks like somebody over at headquarters has gone insane. Go to Holland and ride a bicycle through the sunny countryside.

I have the same. Grey background with regular black print. At first I thought it's some night mode enabled by accident, but when opened Techspot on Chrome it turns out it might be "We value Your privacy, accept our cookies, or else..." page that went wrong on Firefox.
If it's of any value I run FF 56.0.2 with uBlock Origin, on machines with both Win7 and Win10. Turning uBlock off changes nothing.

And NO, I will not update, because of specific addons that are not supported on FF anymore.

Thank for reporting this, a fix was immediately applied. We're developing a dark mode but no one was supposed to see it yet that it is unfinished. Evidently something went wrong with that :confused:

Can you please confirm, are you all using Firefox?

Thank for reporting this, a fix was immediately applied. We're developing a dark mode but no one was supposed to see it yet that it is unfinished. Evidently something went wrong with that :confused:

Can you please confirm, are you all using Firefox?
Yes, I'm using Firefox 62 for Ubuntu.

Thanks for fixing it.

The dark mode looks promising.

We hit the holiday season and stopped working on dark mode, plan to pick it up soon again since it was a side project. Hopefully we'll have more news to share in the coming weeks.

Back