TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

Julio Franco

Staff member
The hardware side feels a little incomplete without CPU/Mobo/et. al. combos, which are quite common and make better gifts that individual components.

Since this was written by "TechSpot Staff" I want to say thank you to you all. The site is free, no intrusive ads, it's the only tech site I go to. I appreciate the work you put into it. It's informative and exposes me to a wider world of tech than I know how to reach otherwise all in one place.
thanks

@Lurker101 actually our first picks within hardware are CPU/mobo combos. That's why we put those next to each other and vertically they're meant to match (e.g. Ryzen 5 1600 + ASRock AB350 Pro4, etc.). We didn't recommend any RAM because there's too wide of a variety and to be honest, it's terribly expensive so we'd just pick the best value possible. For more complete builds, you want to check out our PC buying guide instead.

Since this was written by "TechSpot Staff" I want to say thank you to you all. The site is free, no intrusive ads, it's the only tech site I go to. I appreciate the work you put into it. It's informative and exposes me to a wider world of tech than I know how to reach otherwise all in one place.
thanks
Thank you :)

If you go Rx Vega 56 or 64 there are some fantastic FreeSync monitors from S Korea.

Crossover 3412UM AHIPS BOOST CLOCK 75Hz 3440 x 1440 34" Ultrawide FreeSync range 47Hz-95Hz
Best value at around 500$ USD No G-sync monitors could possibly match! Upcoming Black Friday deal 400$!! Limited quantities.

Or the New Sept 2017 model Crossover UW3535 TIO HDR Turbo Boost Clock 120Hz 35" Curved Gaming Monitor.

I'm using the 3412UM with my Vega 56 right now playing Wolfenstein 2. FreeSync is smooth as butter!! There are bad reviews but they all came from Gforce owners, I guess Huang is too busy counting money.

Must admit that the article is very good, but I just didn't see anything that I couldn't live without (probably because I already have several key pieces).

I got my 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1MS 1440P Gsync for $400 shipped from ebay, new in box. Hows that for a deal? (Have pics and ebay item # if you want to see)
All calibration is done via the software and it looks amazing with just a few tweaks, best upgrade since the SSD.

I enjoy guides like this, even when I'm not in the market or if I would have picked something different. For those who want an even cheaper mechanical keyboard, I've had good luck with AUKEY.

Who are the old school coders who said Notepad was the best text editor? vi or Emacs, I can understand, but Notepad?

thanks
Same for me, I love this place

Back