Tell me how horrible this side panel is

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

was my creation last year when i could not afford to buy a new case for the rig i put together. lol

i have not had any problems with it to tell you the truth, but it is quite ugly ;)

scrapmetel.jpg

i know this is going to get bashed because of the "input here"

i just wanted to see what you guys would say about this lol.

Looks good
But I can't work out if this is the whole side panel or not. Although I think so.
The only issue is, I have found that air flow can be dispersed too quickly if the case is open (or has too many holes in it ;) )
Air from fans should be able to pass over and onto hot spots inside the computer, not just disperse everywhere.

Looks good
But I can't work out if this is the whole side panel or not. Although I think so.
The only issue is, I have found that air flow can be dispersed too quickly if the case is open (or has too many holes in it ;) )
Air from fans should be able to pass over and onto hot spots inside the computer, not just disperse everywhere.

ya thats the whole side panel

i know what you mean, and i do understand it, this was the only option i had at the time, and since it worked fine for me, i didnt change it.

i would much rather had the case i bought (that wasnt big enough due to my error for not reading width) worked, so can i take the ugliest side panel crown or does somebody else have this crown?

You should have gone with Plexiglas you can get it cut to the size you need and then just bolt it on. Its what I did and it turned out alright as long as nobody gets too close to look at the cuts.

You should have gone with Plexiglas you can get it cut to the size you need and then just bolt it on. Its what I did and it turned out alright as long as nobody gets too close to look at the cuts.

i did originaly, i had the plexiglass installed on it and it did look much much better.

but the reason i had to take it off is due to really bad temps inside the case.

cpu, and the memory were gettin hot enough to give me the blue screen ;)

ya, the plexiglass was the entire reason why i cut the side panel out.

after removing the glass, and using what is in the pic above, all the temp problems went away.

Well, I say if it works, good function wins over good looks as far as I'm concerned.

I'l give ya an 8 for creativity!, lol, Kims right though, you want some air pressure inside the case to direct air flow over the components. other than that bravo!:D

Hey possibly one of the only times I can quote this : Simple Case Fan guide :)

that guide does nothing for the setup in my case

my cooler needs airflow from outside the case on the side panel.
with the sidepanel closed, the cooler is about 1/4" from the side grill.

i tried cutting out a hole in the plexiglas (before i removed it) and putting a guard over the whole, but it only lowered the case/cpu temps enough to keep the blue screen away for a few more minutes.

this case, is an old case, it was made for an intel celeron.
the back panel only has a slot for like a 30mm fan or smaller (40mm was way too big), i had a really hard time finding a fan this size. and the airflow out of this tiny fan wasnt enough as exhaust.

my next case will most likely be the antec 900, as it seems to be a popular and well cooled case.

Actually.. as a system builder I can tell you the Antec 900 is crap.. and I even have one. From a cooling standpoint it's ok, but from a building standpoint, it's absolute garbage.. a darn nightmare.

If I may, a far superior case is this one:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Products.aspx?S=1317

That's what I'm buying myself after Christmas. Unfortunately my suppliers are out of stock at the moment :(

Actually.. as a system builder I can tell you the Antec 900 is crap.. and I even have one. From a cooling standpoint it's ok, but from a building standpoint, it's absolute garbage.. a darn nightmare.

If I may, a far superior case is this one:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Products.aspx?S=1317

That's what I'm buying myself after Christmas. Unfortunately my suppliers are out of stock at the moment :(

ya but that price is out of my budget hehe.

this one suits my needs well: coolmaster NV690
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119157

Yeah, that's a rather popular case.. and much easier to build with even. You don't have to rip the entire computer apart to change a hard drive... *cough* Antec 900 *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back