Temp internet files won't delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I regularly delete my temporary internet files using CCleaner and the IE delete browzing history tool to try and limit the info stored on my computer in the hope that it wont slow down too much.

I've recently found though, after doing a search, that there are still references to files stored on my computer under:

c:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5

When I go to the file path it says the folder is empty, but the files still come up when I do a search. When I try and delete them from the search results the search box stops working and closes down.

Can anyone help me out and tell me how I can get rid of these files?

Give this a try:

Temp File Cleaner:

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back