Temp Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

Can anyone help please, my GFX card(ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb DDR3) is in my opinion running at an alarming temperature. Idles at 55-60c and under extreem load can reach 80-105c! I have removed, cleaned and reseated the gpu heat-sinc with some new thermal paste. Asus Smartdoc and Realtemp 3.1 are still reporting the same temperatures. I have contacted ASUS Support and have been informend by a member of there team that this card max operating temp is around 100c. Can anyone confirm this? Will these temps fry my GPU of worse still melt the PCI-E port of my main board(ASUS P5N32-E)?

What are you using to measure the graphic cards temps? Are you having issues like freezing or other problems with your computer?

No im not getting any system lockups unless i play Crysis for about 6 hours straight at max res, then i sometimes get a black screen, sound loops and i require a system restart. Apart from that the system seems stable. Only issue is my GPU temp 80-105c underload, 58-60c idle. My CPU temp never goes above 52c.

Red1776 Yes i have room for a PCI fan, but im about to upgrade my GFX card and PSU next month to a GTX 275 886Mb DDR3 and 750W Corsair PSU. so my ASUS EN9600GT will be installed on my other rig but with operating temps as high as 105c im worried about the card frying my main board.

it wont fry your motherboard, they are designed (according to the manufacturers) to run that hot, i just dont accept those temps as i believe, for right or wrong, that it shortens the life of the gpu. if you have room in the other rig its going in try the slot fan. it took my temps (100c) down to 85. that i can live with.

I'm running a PNY 8800GT. I was idling at 64C with game temps into the high 90's causing artifacts. I bought an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev.2 from NewEgg for $27. The memory heat sink adhesive it came with sucked so I just glued them on with super glue (laughs at everyone wincing in pain) then installed the cooler which is quite huge. Bottom line, I'm idling at 43C and have yet to hit 70C while gaming. Though those kind of high temps may not be affecting stability for you. I agree with Red that they are definitely not helping the life expectancy of the card.

Hi luvhuffer

so I just glued them on with super glue (laughs at everyone wincing in pain)
:haha:

I remeber that! we used to super glue after market heatsinks on our 486's and P1 when there was no other way to mount them, was pretty conductive too!

The card only has to last till mid July. When i think about it the temps could always have been that high(55-60c Idle & 80-105c underload) since all i have monitored until about a month ago was my CPU temp. Asus Smartdoc never has prompted me with any temperature issue. The GFX fan speed never drops below 80% though, even when idle. I hope the beast lasts till July, coz the only other card i have is an old Nvidia 7300LE 512Mb DDR2. Just cant seem to figure out if these temps are safe though? I thought 60-70c was extreem?

You should download RivaTuner or what I prefer EVGA Precision and set your fan to always run at 100%. The EVGA program doesn't require an EVGA card and is a lot more simple in terms of options, and is a lot more user friendly. Both are available at Guru3D

60-70 is a great temp under load. its within spec so it will probably get you by for now. if you were going to keep it i would say work on a different solution (like the slot fan) and the gpu running at 100c isnt going to burn or melt your mobo.

Wont setting the fan speed manualy to 100% risk burning out the fan motor and decrese the life expectancy of the card even more? Also do i really need the 100% power on the fan when all thats running is my desktop? Can you create different profiles with EVGA Precision so that the fan is always 100% powers when im running games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back