Terrible FPS issues with Nvidia 9500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I must apologise, but I'm not great at the technical side of things.

I am having real issues with my PC at the moment, have tried everything, and after 6 months or so, I can't figure out what the problem is.

I play WoW, and have a system with a Nvidia 9500GT, 1024 MB. However, when playing I only get about 10-20 fps in the quietest areas, down to 0-2 fps in raids, and if i run skype at the same time as the game, regardless of where I am, I can't move. The FPS isn't just low either, it spikes so that for example, when completing quick movement, the screen locks up for a second, making playing very difficult.

So, the things I have attempted as fixes are:

• Taking all the settings down to their absolute mimimum.
    Reinstalling WoW
    Deleting all addons
    Updating my videocard driver
    Searching through all the forum threads which had any relevance
    Stopped all background programs running, turned off anti-viruses etc
    Put WoW in high performance mode
    Run all anti-virus software
    Tried all the video card settings

I have tried a ton of things, and I really don't want to appear as if i'm strolling in here without making an effort myself.

I would really really appreciate any help.

I'm pretty technically inept, but i understand i can post a didxthing which can help you look at the system. ( but not sure how to do this, or if you need me to )

To be honest, I don't even know how well my system should cope with WoW, but I understand its a pretty basic game and I was assured this PC should be able to cope with it.

Thanks in advanced for all the help! x

Edit: Don't know if this helps.

2x Intel(R) D CPU 2.66GHz
3.25GB of RAM

Is that a pci graphics card, if so that's your problem. Also what resolution are you playing at? Your cpu looks like a pentium D 805. Isnt great but not horrible either. We need to find the exact specs of your vga, other information would be helpful too, like motherboard, operating system. etc.

Is that a pci graphics card, if so that's your problem. Also what resolution are you playing at? Your cpu looks like a pentium D 805. Isnt great but not horrible either. We need to find the exact specs of your vga, other information would be helpful too, like motherboard, operating system. etc.

Correct, it is a D 805. How do i tell what motherboard i'm using?

Running Windows XP

And i looked at the PCI sticky, I don't fully understand it, but it seems my card is one of the up to date examples mentioned. Could you explain the problem then?

Have you tried to play other games? If you get low FPS in WoW and nowhere else then your game is defective or something.

I have Gainward 9500 GT 512MB (550MHz GPU - 400MHz Ram), and i can play Modern Warfare 2 at 1440x900, 2x AA, high settings (about 40FPS). Im not playing WoW, but im sure that 9500GT can play WoW at 50-60FPS at higher settings with that CPU.

You didnt mentioned reinstalling operating system. Maybe you have some bugs or viruses. Theres a possibility that your hardware is damaged, so you should talk to someone more expirienced.

9500 GT is a PCI-E Graphic card

Sorry for my English...

What OS do you have? maybe it's vista which can be a killer

In that case, right click on the game icon and go to compatibility and click run as windows 2000, then click disable visual themes for this program, that helps when i play games like GTA 4

i got a 9500GT myself, a 512MB DDR3 variant. of course it can't compete with the 9600GT but it's not a bad card. after all, the price is significantly cheaper than the 9600GT.

do you have another game / app (say 3D mark) to test? as g4mer mentioned, it's worth if you could try some games to compare with.

Wait a min, i have a intel pentium d 805 computer, i have the same computer he does.
His computer has a PCIEX16 slot.

Do you have a PCI card or PCIE card?
If you have a PCI card, get a 9500GT PCIE or even better a 9800GT green edition like i do and the game will run just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back