The Best Gaming Monitors: 1080p, 1440p, 4K, Ultrawide & HDR

As I do a lot of work with my computer, my main screen is 16:10 24". I am not a fan of wide screens.
But I also play a lot of games in various genres so I'm now looking for a screen with more than 60 Hz.
No matter how I try, I haven't found any 16:10 display with higher than 60 Hz.
Does anyone know if such a screen exist?

I know that warranty/RMA support varies in different parts of the world, however the fact that you recommend any Gigabyte products makes me think you don't factor in Warranty/RMA support.

Gigabyte's Warranty/RMA service in the US was awful before the were hit with the ransomware and hocking and its only been getting worse since then. I've had 5 RMA experiences with Gigabyte for my PC and frailly member's PCs and never received a properly/fully functioning product back the first time. One time they even scratched my motherboard after they had it for 3 weeks and tried to blamed it on me. However I had photos of the front and back of the motherboard the morning I shipped it proving otherwise. In addition to that,t hey scratched the plastic shroud of my friend's graphics card when it was sent in for RMA repair and tried to claim it was received that way when he had photos of the card takent he day he shipped it showing otherwise.

Gigabyte had an F rating witht he Better Business Bureau in the U.S. until they managed to get complaints removed and marked as resolved even though they were not resolved. Most of the complaints were with the Warranty/RMA department for not fixing hardware issues after products were sent in. I checked again today and they are back to an F rating again with a bunch of new unresolved complaints. Some of the complaints are the same experience I had with two RMAs, they send the exact same product back without fixing it or replacing it.

Why would anyone buy a Gigabyte product in the U.S. considering it basically has no warranty?

I've actually been looking to go Ultrawide from my two 24 inch displays. And this has my eye right now.

LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B 34 inch 21:9 QHD Curved 144 Hz

"32-inch 4K 144Hz gaming monitor or a high-end 1440p 240Hz display is simply better."

For me I disagree even with a 6800XT for a gpu I'm not going to be pushing 4k 144hz and I'm not a competitive FPS player so don't care for 240hz displays at all.

At $1000 CAD for this monitor I think it hits the sweet spot and it will last multiple upgrades.

As I do a lot of work with my computer, my main screen is 16:10 24". I am not a fan of wide screens.
But I also play a lot of games in various genres so I'm now looking for a screen with more than 60 Hz.
No matter how I try, I haven't found any 16:10 display with higher than 60 Hz.
Does anyone know if such a screen exist?

They don't really make any more 16:10 ratio screens over 24 inches these days. You would have to find an older 30 inch monitor running at 2560x1600 resolution. And if you need more vertical space then 4k is the next step.

They don't really make any more 16:10 ratio screens over 24 inches these days. You would have to find an older 30 inch monitor running at 2560x1600 resolution. And if you need more vertical space then 4k is the next step.
I'm not looking for a bigger screen than what I got.
I'm looking for a quicker.

I'm not looking for a bigger screen than what I got.
I'm looking for a quicker.
16:10 is usually for office monitors and production work. Where as high refresh rate is usually for gaming monitors. Don't think there are many choices here other than the two posted above your post.

Last edited:
Back