The Best Gaming Mouse: Wired and Wireless Top Choices

"works like a boss" huh? What hardly works at all and claims credit for all the work you do? Disappears when deadlines approach and most likely found brown-nosing the directorate?

:)
I think you've had real bad experience with the device. The grief is all over in the comment, isn't it?

The Razer Viper Ultimate is not a very good mouse, let me explain:

Cons:

- I had TWO of them, both failed within MONTHS (scroll wheel double scrolling randomly)
- The wireless response is pretty bad, there's a very slight lag on cursor movement
- Battery life is worse than Logitech
- VERY expensive for no good reason

Pros:

- EXTREMELY light
- Premium cable and receiver
- Great aesthetics

I would recommend the "Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse with Hero Sensor".

It's way cheaper (generally), the battery lasts more than double and the response is blazing fast (virtually indistinguishable from a wired mouse).

I have the Logitech Hero. No complaints.

What is impressive is the click sensation... solid! When I have to use the wireless Logitech mouse of my laptop... crap in comparison.

I always feel like the g703 should be in these lists instead of the g502. Great mouse that always seems to be underrated

Last edited:
For me personally, I love the G502, been using it for years and have never used anything even close to it. Il be using it for years to come.

No clue why the G502 Lightspeed is labeled as the Viper Ultimates main competitor. That should be the G Pro Wireless/Superlight.

In my experience Razer mice feel weird to me shape wise. I've had the Viper 8k, Viper Mini, Basilisk X HyperSpeed and DeathAdder V2. The Basilisk was the only one I could aim decently with and the cable on their wired mice are garbage.

I'm using the Pulsefire Haste right now and it's pretty comfy with a near unnoticeable cable and I prefer it over my G Pro Wireless. Something about that shape cramps my hand up.

I'm still searching for my favorite mouse.

I have a very weird FPS setup but it works for me and gives the the best of both worlds. I have WASD, Space, Q, and Shift set up to an XBO controller, I also use the D pad for whatever else I need per game and tab and escape are set up as well using the middle buttons. I have a Logitech G604 wireless gaming mouse. It has 6 side button that I have assigned to R,E,X,V,F,Z. I have melee (typically C) assigned to the middle mouse click, crouch to pushing the mouse wheel to the right and B for pushing the mouse wheel left. I use ReWASD software to set this up and make it so that the Xbox controller is not recognized in Steam for instance.

It took me a while to get used to it, but I love it. My reservation with mouse and keyboard was movement, I didn't like WASD vs having a control stick. I still have the keyboard for obscure button presses, usually like menu or map or such.

Anyway, I said all that to say the G604 is often on sale and its a great mouse because the side buttons are easy to reach and use and I use it in FPS games as well as many other PC games with this set up. Even adventure games work with this set up.

I got a wireless mouse from Logitech for my living room PC, and loved the ergonomics of it, so I got the G502 for my primary PC, and have few complaints. The config program is powerful enough but feels like a damn Windows Store app, which I hate. Ultimately, the mouse I want has the design of something like the G502 but the buttons from a Scimitar.

Also, if you have a mouse with a free-scrolling wheel, bind it to the steering controls of a car in GTA Online/V. Just trust me on this, it will give you a "They Live" feeling, like your entire life was a lie up until that moment.

Why would you need a button to change your dpi while sniping? Isnt the whole point of havent a consistent dpi to build up muscle memory.

I have a very weird FPS setup but it works for me and gives the the best of both worlds. I have WASD, Space, Q, and Shift set up to an XBO controller, I also use the D pad for whatever else I need per game and tab and escape are set up as well using the middle buttons. I have a Logitech G604 wireless gaming mouse. It has 6 side button that I have assigned to R,E,X,V,F,Z. I have melee (typically C) assigned to the middle mouse click, crouch to pushing the mouse wheel to the right and B for pushing the mouse wheel left. I use ReWASD software to set this up and make it so that the Xbox controller is not recognized in Steam for instance.

It took me a while to get used to it, but I love it. My reservation with mouse and keyboard was movement, I didn't like WASD vs having a control stick. I still have the keyboard for obscure button presses, usually like menu or map or such.

Anyway, I said all that to say the G604 is often on sale and its a great mouse because the side buttons are easy to reach and use and I use it in FPS games as well as many other PC games with this set up. Even adventure games work with this set up.
I second the G604 - lots of side buttons, scroll wheel is incredible, and I personally like the Logitech software a lot. It is often down to $45 on Amazon. I can't imagine gaming without it now.

Most mice have too many features I don't personally use. I don't need RGB and weight changing. What I do need is more buttons than just 2 or 3 on the left side but I don't need 10+! Just give me 5-6 left side buttons and I'm set. Nobody is offering a mouse like this that I know of anymore.

I also don't need 200,000 dpi resolution, worthless. Every mouse I've bought in the past 15 years requires me to move the dpi down to a sane level to get the desired FPS motion.

Most mice have too many features I don't personally use. I don't need RGB and weight changing. What I do need is more buttons than just 2 or 3 on the left side but I don't need 10+! Just give me 5-6 left side buttons and I'm set. Nobody is offering a mouse like this that I know of anymore.

I also don't need 200,000 dpi resolution, worthless. Every mouse I've bought in the past 15 years requires me to move the dpi down to a sane level to get the desired FPS motion.
Logitech G604 (see above comments)

“Your reaction speed might be as good as the guy staring back in your crosshairs, but if they’re rocking a high CPI/DPI, low-latency gaming mouse, the chances of you ending up in their killcam will always be higher. There’d be some swearing at the netcode afterwards, but it’s probably that old, worn mouse holding you back.”

Or, maybe, you aren’t as good at the game as the other guy. Maybe we should learn how to win the game using our brain rather than our wallets?

I do like a nice mouse though, the G502 wireless is nice and comfortable for me.

Deathadder V2 costs ~70$ new, your 39$ link is for refurbished units.
I've had a bad experience with it. If you try to switch user the taskbar freezes if this mouse is connected to the PC. Had to switch back to my old logitech and razer won't even refund, they want to send me a new unit which will have the same issue. Not cool.

G502, is this a joke? The mouse is a brick and many years old.

Also, Logitech G Pro Superlight easily beats Viper Ultimate.

Finalmouse Starlight is the best and most expensive wireless mouse.

If you have adult size hands the G pro super is way too small.

Back