The Best Mice

I currently use the G900 Spectrum and actually feel that the ambidextrous design is a step back for me from the G602. Also feel the loss of going from 6 side buttons to 4 (2 on each side) for productivity tasks with the G900 Spectrum. I have to admit though, the increase in dpi paired with a decrease in game mouse sensitivity setting does give a sense of smooth movement of the mouse that I've not experienced before. Most of my mice have been productivity (Logitech MX Revolution, Performance MX and such) models with lower dpi and I never really felt the benefit when trying higher dpi as it felt too sensitive. But now with dpi set to something like 8000 and a dpi switch to a lower setting when needed I feel like I've adjusted and it feels good. Nevertheless I might still try the Wireless G403 or other newer mouse with a ergonomic right hand design in the future.

For use when travelling I do use the Logitech Anywhere 2 which is nice but doesn't have as competent a sensor and its low battery indicator doesn't warn you when in games (as it is a productivity mouse) so can leave you suddenly cut off. It was received as a gift. For a small portable mouse with arguably limited features I don't think I would have purchased it myself. It is beneficial for use with Surface Pro 3 as it can connect over bluetooth leaving the USB port free for a card reader or other device when travelling.

Last edited:
No love for ergonomic mice for gamers with RSI / wrist pain?

Highly recommend looking at Evoluent's range of VerticalMouse products.

Currently using the G502 and very happy with it. I had a few Razer mice but they all developed the same issue eventually where the left-click would turn a single click into a double (probably issues with the switch). I sent one back under warranty but its replacement just did the same a few months down the line.

Not had any issues with the G502 and I love the shape and weight of it. The software is very nicely put together too.

Mice, just like sound, is very subjective. What's one man's meat is another's poison. I bought a Logitech G502 Proteus a while back because of common opinion and rave reviews and I can't stand it, it's very uncomfortable and feels awkward in my hand so I tossed it aside and went back to Roccat mice, the Kone Pure to be exact because it fits my hand like a glove. I bought three of them just in case they discontinue it in the future.The Logitech software is nice though and the mouse does have a nice, clicky scroll wheel which I found to be better than the Roccat. I guess you just can't have everything.

Last edited:
Mice, just like sound, is very subjective. What's one man's meat is another's poison. I bought a Logitech G502 Proteus a while back because of common opinion and rave reviews and I can't stand it, it's very uncomfortable and feels awkward in my hand so I tossed it aside and went back.
Same here.
I had an original DeathAdder for 5+ years and when it died I picked up a G502 Proteus Core.
It's grown on me a little in the past year or so but overall its a little too small and over-designed.
I don't game much on my PC anymore but I would prefer a DeathAdder again.

Last edited:
Same here.
I had an original DeathAdder for 5+ years and when it died I picked up a G502 Proteus Core.
It's grown on me a little in the past year or so bit but overall its a little too small and over-designed.
I don't game much on my PC anymore but I would prefer a DeathAdder again.
Yeah, it's understandable. Everybody has their favourite peripheral. It's a good thing there's so much choice. You say the G502 is too small for your liking? For me it's the exact opposite, it's too big. At the end of the day you pay your money and you make your choice.

Just bought an MX 2 Anywhere...discounted on Amazon, under $50 bucks.
I have to use a mouse I can run left handed. Most mice are set up for right handed
only. So far, this is a great mouse.

I have the Razer Death Adder. I will be sticking with that for years to come. I don't like these *****ic designs shown above where they have weird angles and such.

"Razer's software has continued to improve and now just functions silently in the background unless summoned, which is the way it should be."

So true.

The 'Chaos' has major firmware, software issues.

Actually, A mouse with more than 3 or 4 buttons tends to be less useful because of the complexity. The change from mouse ball to optical was one of the best upgrades, after that it's been just a variation on the same theme ....

I've been using a Logitech G700 for ages now; that mouse doesn't get enough love, sandwitched between the G502 and G900...

Actually, A mouse with more than 3 or 4 buttons tends to be less useful because of the complexity. The change from mouse ball to optical was one of the best upgrades, after that it's been just a variation on the same theme ....

They're very useful in certain games, especially FPSs. Now instead of having certain commands on our of the way keys on the keyboard, they're more easily accessible on the mouse.

Take my G700; the four side buttons are typically mapped to Action (E), Reload (R), Crouch (Ctrl), and Jump (Space). The mouse wheel moves in two directions, and typically gets assigned to either Lean Left/Right or grenade and some other function. Mouse wheel in for Melee. And so on.

I'll stick with my Corsair M65 Pro. It's still 12000 DPI capable. Tracking is fantastic. Only feature missing is tilting the scroll wheel for sideways scrolling. I paid $40 for it and it seems to be on sale for $40 pretty often now.

I use my tried and true G9X but I picked up elder scrolls online on a cheap sale and it seems I may need a mouse with more buttons on it.

I was looking at the logitech G502 but does anyone have any experience with the logitech G600?

Lol I use a $10 Sowtech M580 mouse. I bought 3 (home, work, laptop) and haven't had a single one fail yet. They are cheap, have LEDs, and are perfect. (search for it and don't get the one with lightning that is named the same). Ebay or amazon. :)

I use my tried and true G9X but I picked up elder scrolls online on a cheap sale and it seems I may need a mouse with more buttons on it.

I was looking at the logitech G502 but does anyone have any experience with the logitech G600?

Try the 602. It's a solid value and performs well.

I'm using a G600 right now, it's my go-to mouse for my home gaming rig and my docked CAD workstation in the office. I had an early Naga and was underwhelmed, tried a R.A.T. M and sent it back (crap performance), but this G600 fits the bill nicely. The software can be a bit finicky to set up initially (can be kind of a pain to find the executables you want to bind button functions to), but I've had great luck with it overall.

I also keep a G602 in my bag to use with my 2-in-1 laptop and my CAD workstation when I'm on the road - only has 6 buttons on the thumb vs 12, but it's still better than just 1 or 2 there. Stellar battery life. And uses the same Logitech Gaming Software, so that's a plus.

I guess I'm more on the extreme end of customizing my mouse. I use the Steel Series Rival 500 and I love it wayyyy more than the Naga. I think the layout makes more sense, especially if you tend to grip the mouse harder.

I'm glad the people commenting fully understand the idea of preferences. No mouse is the "end all" product, which gives rise to so many options.

So I guess ROCCAT does not send review mice to America as they are superior to every one of these mice listed here?

Don't get why MX Master is getting so much love,
the middle mouse button is very shaky wobbling sideways can be mis-triggered easily while scrolling, or mis-scrolled while trying to click, and the shape of it isn't really THAT comfortable, the right side and the bottom skirt hurts my hand.

I'm done with expensive mice and bullshit high DPI. Now I just go to Amazon and buy $15-20 mice and they look, feel, and perform as good as the name brands. I have 3 different ones now that I paid less for than 1 mouse from the big boys. I'm a pretty low sensitivity dude just don't need rocket ship movement where I flick my wrist 1/8" and the mouse travels for three days. Some get off on that but it's too damn fast for me. I went through 3 Kone Pure mice in 3 years, all due to button issues. No more paying $60-80 for a mouse for me, not for what's out there for way cheaper.

people-holding-hands-me-holding-computer-mouse.jpg

A trivial point, but you mean 'mouses'. The rule is, when a word with an irregular plural is used outside of its original context, the plural gets regularized. Thus, an ant has two antennae but a TV has two antennas. I have two mice, my PC has two mouses.

Back