The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing)

The only one which appeals to me from these is Divinity: Original Sin 2, but I think I'd better play games I already have. Not that it prevented me from buying some Trackmania games this week, but I actually spent a little time playing it (once someone on that forum helped me get it running). I started Jade Empire on my Android tablet, hopefully I'll go further in it than I did on the PC.

R6 Siege is criminally overlooked. It's the best FPS of the decade, and only growing concurrent player count 2+ years after release proves that.

R6 Siege is criminally overlooked. It's the best FPS of the decade, and only growing concurrent player count 2+ years after release proves that.
Siege started off as a great game. It was supposed to be realistic then they went crazy with new operators that just don't make sense and have abilities that you only see in futuristic shooter games. It ruined the balance and the realism it had. Also getting new operators takes a long-*** time because Ubisoft wants you to buy season passes and other ****. In spite of all this it is still a pretty ok game. Just DON'T buy the starter edition, grinding for a operator takes a lifetime.

Obviously this is an opinion piece but no minecraft really? It’s one of the greatest games of all time including right now and with the new updates there have been a lot of changes. Also is AC origins actually that good to count as one of the best PC games and sit next to the likes of divinity original sin 2? I’d throw Civ 6 in aswell personally. Also isn’t sea of thieves supposed to be very good? I haven’t played it though.

Honestly Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the most boring games I've ever played and Assassin's Creed Origins, while beautiful, is incredibly repetitive and shallow; the combat is far from "meaty", clunky and slow would be more apt. Ghost Recon Wildlands should be here as a fantastic co-op shooter, TW Rome II with the Divide at Impera mod and Attila TW with the Fall of the Eagles should as well.

"Genre"...check.
"Graphics"...check.
"Gameplay"....check.
"Story"....?????

I wish reviews paid more attention to 'story' - is there a plot? does it move the activities forward with purpose? are there purposeful side stories (or is it just bunches of fetch/gather/deliver /assassinate quests?)

If no story, why am I playing? to show I can twitch faster? pile loot? be king of the mound (not even a 'hill')?

Will I reap any psychic reward rather than warming my hands at the campfire of stats?

Consider the case of Autumn Leaves... https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50146/

Original Sin 2 probably deserves to be here. I have no opinion of Deliverance quite yet as I still have yet to get around to trying it out. The rest seems kind of take it or leave it options.

I recently tried fortnite and pubg and were extremely underwhelmed by them. Vermintide I suppose I am unsure on, I didn't care for the first one.

I'm not very impressed with this list. Most of these games are alright. I also have played most of them in years past. There is no changes they can make to LOL, Overwatch, PUBG, or Fortnite to get me excited about them... Well ok if they actually worked on fornite Save the world I'd go play that again.

Horrible Games:
- PUGB
- Fortnite Battle Royale

Games you should play instead:
Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice
Battlefield 1
Stranded Deep (early access)
Hunt: Showdown(early access)
Prey

Play both Overwatch & LoL, so they're OK on the list.

Played PUBG for the first time this weekend (nephew has it on his XBox 1 S). Only played a couple of rounds, but didn't do too badly (last round I made it to 8th). Gameplay is...OK, but it's definitely still got some glitches -- & a major issue for me is that the onscreen prompts say "Hold X" to pick up items, but in reality you have to tap the X button.

Also watched him play Fortnite (didn't have a chance to try it). Personally, I think it looks better than PUBG:
-- Yes, it's cartoony, but so is Overwatch (& technically Halo:CE), but Fortnite's overall look (colors, shapes, textures, etc.) are much cleaner than PUBG. Honestly, I felt like I was playing a bad mod for Unreal Tournament (original or even 2003).
-- It is much easier to figure out the direction that shots are coming from. It was extremely frustrating to see my character being hit, only to do a complete 360 sweep & see no one around me. Even though it also worked to my advantage in another situation, it's not an aspect I was happy with.
-- Items actually have a use in Fortnite. Aside from the extended magazines, none of the weapon add-ons in PUBG seem to do anything: silencers didn't silence your shots, scopes didn't allow you to aim better, etc.
-- Being able to convert the buildings & other objects into supplies, whether to build items or simply gain access to other areas, is a big plus for Fortnite.

I've been very, VERY happy with Empyrion. If you like custom designing bases and ships, then fighting them & destroying them, Empyrion is king. It's only in Alpha but they add stuff all the time. Great game to get addicted to.

Mafia 2 should be in there. I bought it on sale recently and all I can say is WOW! I lost interest with GTA but MAFIA the graphics and attention to detail is crazy good. Most games I lose interest but Mafia sucked me in.

Out of that list I just started playing Assassins Creed Origins, pretty cool game. Yesterday I decided to pick up DOOM for $10.99 and man I am having a blast!

Ace Combat 7
Ni no Kuni II
DRAGON BALL FighterZ
Metro Exodus
Soul Calibur VI
Red Dead Redemption 2
Insurgency Sandstorm
Battletech
Gravel
Tropico 6
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Dynasty Warriors 9
Ancestors Legacy
Aquanox Deep Descent

Some of them not out yet. This year is amazing. Oh and the techspot list is rather awful.

3yrs I've owned GTA V on my PC and I haven't played the multiplayer component once, haven't even loaded it at all.

It never seems clear to me what exactly you're supposed to do in it.

I mostly played racing, but also liked some of the Adversary modes

Siege started off as a great game. It was supposed to be realistic then they went crazy with new operators that just don't make sense and have abilities that you only see in futuristic shooter games. It ruined the balance and the realism it had. Also getting new operators takes a long-*** time because Ubisoft wants you to buy season passes and other ****. In spite of all this it is still a pretty ok game. Just DON'T buy the starter edition, grinding for a operator takes a lifetime.
I concur, I really did not enjoy Siege during it's first year, now I have around 500 hours on it thanks to the constant updates and new operators.

Recently STO (Star Trek Online) had a prize give away of a T6 ship had 5 forward weapons and 3 aft weapons. Nice little ship. You have to grind for that until you reach 1,000 points. They give you 400 points in the latest new mission. After that you have to do some tasks daily to earn 40 points. I have five toons so now I have 5 new T6 ships for each one of them. I had to spend up to 2 hrs at night grinding my toons to get 40 points. In all I was happy with 5,000 points for the 5 new ships without paying for them. The game I've been playing for 4 years now. Of course there is no blood when you kill someone. They just vanish! Or drop down dead. Space or Ground still fun to play. Neverwinter Game from Perfect World is fun as well. That has blood and death. Can be fun and can be hard to get away from. You have to slay dragon's and evil creatures. You ride a horse around the kingdom. But I do not see any mention of these games here on TechSpot. I know the writers here will pick their favorite games to play. I wish I could share more about the two games I've mentioned.

Back