The Best PC Monitors: For Productivity, Enthusiasts and Gamers

A rather strange collection of "choice" monitors:-

- 1440p @ 144Hz is still where it's at for actually pleasant 27" gaming, not 4K @ 60Hz
- The most popular sized Ultrawide is 34" of which there are none here
- The size & curve strength on the 49" is absurd (they look cool in marketing brochures but the ergonomics are cr*p for sitting in front of for several hours).
- The 24" 1080p choice is either unnecessarily curved or glorious TN. Really? No decent flat IPS option like the popular AOC 24GU?
- The 27" 1080p choice is a Samsung 60Hz with 1x single input port, again no decent option like the popular AOC 27GU (2x HDMI + DP, 144Hz + Freesync, HAS stand)?...

Don't get the Samsung Odyssey G7.
Bought one last week. Arrived with a dead pixel and it has a lot of flickering in games.
Had high hopes for it but it seems like there is a class action lawsuit coming soon for the monitor cause they all have the flickering issue and Samsung isn't doing anything about it.
About the only way to reduce the flickering is to turn off G-Sync but that defeats the whole purpose.

A rather strange collection of "choice" monitors:-
I agree with some of your comments, but you're missing the context that this is not our gaming buying guide.

We added this at the top of our 1440p gaming pick (in this article):

Editor's note: We have a dedicated buying guide for the Best Gaming Monitors where we detail more options for 1440p and 4K gaming at different price segments, discuss esports, ultrawide gaming and budget options.

We posted that only a few weeks ago, so it's very much up to date.

Bought one last week. Arrived with a dead pixel and it has a lot of flickering in games.
Had high hopes for it but it seems like there is a class action lawsuit coming soon for the monitor cause they all have the flickering issue and Samsung isn't doing anything about it.
About the only way to reduce the flickering is to turn off G-Sync but that defeats the whole purpose.

I also bought the Samsung G7 32" a week ago and love it. No dead pixels, no flickering, needed very little adjusting right out of the box. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Just luck of the draw, I guess...

What you report looks like was affecting all G-series monitors by Samsung.

There's been some discussion on Twitter this morning by TFT Central that newer firmware 10.X.X something fixed most of the flickering issues. You may try updating firmware also and see if there is a change. Fingers crossed it will work for you too.

What you report looks like was affecting all G-series monitors by Samsung.

There's been some discussion on Twitter this morning by TFT Central that newer firmware 10.X.X something fixed most of the flickering issues. You may try updating firmware also and see if there is a change. Fingers crossed it will work for you too.
I did try updating it to the latest one available. It did nothing to fix it in my case.
The dead pixel also makes it so I don't want to use it. For a monitor of that price I expect it to have 0 dead pixels.

Already sent the monitor back waiting to hear back to hopefully get a refund.

Great HDR on the Odyssey G9? Is that some kind of joke? 10 gigantic vertical dimming zones does not a good HDR experience make.

Back