The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation aim to reinvent the toilet

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation recently held a competition that asked some of today's brightest inventors to help solve a problem plaguing more than 2.6 billion people worldwide. The task was to reinvent the toilet without using running water,……

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/49787-the-bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation-aim-to-reinvent-the-toilet.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Years ago in Canada they had a self-composting toilet that didn't use water. Recently I purchased a Kohler toilet that only use 1.28 gal per flush, which is not too bad.

G

This is why the cats are smarter then us. They have a sand box toilet. They get us or girlfriend to scoop out the crap and it does not use water no flushing required no electricity just a paw an a meou for the owner in appreciation that you took care of our crap.

9Nails

Oh I know! Make a portal gun that fires my turds into space headed for the sun! No water. No problem. And I can feel better knowing that my poop is powering our plants loving sun.

G

ya that would certainly work in a slum of congested, multi-story buildings (sarcasm)