The "Boy Toy" tries to strike...

Which Console System Do You Currently Own And Play On?

• Microsoft's XBOX 360 (Any Version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony Playstation 3 (Any Version)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sony Playstation 2 (Any Version)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Zen

First off due to the title I selected for this area, I didn't think it appropriate for the "game" section, but indeed this topic has "game" written all over it.

About a couple minutes ago, my ex-wife and her "boy toy" popped in to visit my Son, it was just to be a quick "hello......loves you......good night" thing! Her fiancée, boyfriend, boy toy, what ever to call him noticed my new pre owned Playstation 2 unit for the first time.

He looked at it, looked at me and bluntly told me "you've got to be kidding me" "a PS2......that's so old school" "you made a big mistake by going old, the system is about to be flushed all the way" "real gamers play on a X-Box 360, you should have gone X-Box". I backed it up with various facts about it still being the most popular gaming system in the world, with more titles for it alone, not including, but should be taken notice of is the old PS1 titles, than the PS3 and 360 could shake a stick at.

So he put it out there, "the X-Box is the greatest system of all time, not the PS2"! He told me the X-Box 360 has more titles than the archaic PS2 system. He told me bluntly "Ask anyone on the streets pal, which system do they own and play on, some will say PS3, at least the smart ones who know and picked what a real Playstation is, but most will say X-Box 360, no one is going to pick a PS2"!

I know this guy is nothing to me, I really haven't let this get me upset or anything, but I am curious, he did put it out there, so I will ask the people on the streets of TechSpot by presenting them with my very first poll ever created here. I would like to see how valid this "boy toy's" statements and presumed facts are!

EDIT: Forgot to put "don't own and or play on a console" option. If that is the case, feel free to state that on a reply.

Had all three machines in the poll options but sold the XBox 360 as at the time a lot of titles were on PC and XBox and always prefer PC version. I believe the XBox network is a better solution than Sonys but you subscribe/pay for the XBox one. Other than that a lot of big titles seem to come through to all platforms so there isn't the same feeling of missing out on something (Still have the likes of Gears Of War, Killzone and some other one platform only titles).

I own both a PS3 and a PS2, but my vote has to go for the PS3; It's just a great machine all round, in my opinion.

Archean said:
Or 'Never owned any Console'?

Like anyone has "Never owned a Console"...What is this, the stone age? :rolleyes: :D

I have a sickness... I own 4 PS1's, a PS2, and a PS3 along with the original X-Box and an X-Box 360 Elite........ and the Wii and almost all the other games systems from the past. My first 4 (Vectrex, 2600, Colecovision, Intellivision) were all stolen so to ease my pain my mother bought me a Nintendo the day they came out. I have two of those original NES systems (is that like NT Technology?) as well. I also have several of the less common systems... too many to list here. Out of all the current console systems I play my PS3 the most - and I have the original Fat60 so I can play PS2 and PS1 games without issue.

Your poll needs an "Err-thang" option so I can click it.

Also, that guy is probably a young retard. There are more PS2s in circulation than any other console - ever. The 360 is not even one of the best ever, though it is doing better than the PS3 in this regard. There are also over 2000 games on the PS2 and only around 800 for the 360.

If you're still curious use these links to do a little research:
http://www.vgchartz.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS2_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_games
http://www.onlineeducation.net/videogame

Edit: I should also add that my all time favorite console is the Sega Saturn, but mainly because of the available Japanese titles. The US selection (even the same game sometimes) would often be completely different and typically much worse which is why I had an import collection of over 100 games for the Saturn.

None in the poll options.

I have a NES, SNES, N64, GC, XBox all hooked to 1 tv in my console gaming room. I have a Wii in my main room. Then I also have an original Gameboy, a Gameboy with a clear case, a Gameboy with a black case, and a DS Lite.

I play the NES and SNES more than the others. Although I do like SSX Tricky on GC a lot - mostly because I'm really good :)

Back