The computer was rebooted by bug check. I have read the pretest message posted, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

My Windows XP Pro can't boot up, since last Sunday. It always go to safe mode.
I need to run chkdsk before I can proceed to normal mode.
This has repeated everytime I start up my computer. I have enclosed the dump file for you to analyse what problem has occured and what is the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter

Attachments

• Mini020210-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 4
Your error is 0xC0000218: UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR
A necessary Registry hive file couldn’t be loaded. The file may be corrupt or missing (requiring either an Emergency Repair Disk or a Windows reinstallation). The Registry files may have been corrupted because of hard disk corruption or some other hardware problem. A driver may have corrupted the Registry data while loading into memory, or the memory where the Registry is loading may have a parity error (turn off the external cache and check the physical RAM).

1. The minidump simply cited a Windows OS driver as the cause of your problem. Unfortunantly OS drivers are too general to be of much help.

2. Go into Safe Mode and back up all of your important, files, info., pictures, etc. A.S.A.P. to flash drives and/or CD/DVD because there is a strong possibility your harddrive is failing and to recover important data from a failed drive costs BIG $.

3. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacturer's website and find their free diagnostic utility. Run all tests.

*** Get back to us with the diagnostic reports.

Also, the mods will most likely move your post to the appropriate BSOD sub-forum under the main Windows OS forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back