The mystery Blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am going steadily insane due to BSOD. When I start my computer (which is old) I get a BSOD after a few seconds of the desktop appearing. Usually just before windows live messenger is about to load up. I have discovered that If I log onto the guest account and then switch user to my account it solves it. I dont know if that is significant in any way. The BSOD message always includes an sp**.sys file.

These files are from the last few BSODS. It does it every time I startup.

spvc.sys
spfk.sys
spfp.sys
spci.sys
spmj.sys
splz.sys
spva.sys

my Bitdefender installation also stops responding on occasion which also seems to slow down my computer while it restarts..

Could this be a virus? I have a very limited knowledge about technical stuff.

Hmmmm

Go through this guide:
Also, to avoid known Viruses always keep your Antivirus up to date

Hi I have done a full system scan with malwarebytes and have done the same with Bitdefender internet security. I have used regestry mechanic to check for regestry errors and I have also used Advanced systemcare pro to check also.

The other day I went on a website on how to tweak your Pc for speed. I disabled a few services. Could this be the problem?

This is really annoying me.. I dont think it is a virus. If it is then I cant find any trace of one.. I have done system scans everyday for the last 4 days.

Wow all that and didn't pick up the above Malwares you posted
Anyway, if you want to be clean you are best to do what I have stated ;)

Also, you will need to create a new thread in the https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html forum if you want your logs checked
Good luck and consider a better Antivirus in future (since "Bitdefender internet security" hasn't protected you)
I use free Avira AntiVirus and have done so for two years now, my system is running well and I go everywhere on the Net
But it is a matter of where you go and what you download, so you may need to change the way in which you use the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back