The Sims 2 DirectX 0.9c error

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, hello, I'm Carly *waves*

Second, my brain is about to explode from information overload.

I installed The Sims 2 and the Sims 2 Nightlife. But, when I tried to run them, I got the message:
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I tried to install said graphics adapter, but I had to put it on a USB drive, and take to my computer upstairs where I installed The Sims 2, which happens to have no internet. But, to no avail.

I Googled and noticed a LOT of people were having this issue, but then all the posts about how to fix the problem were to technical, and I had no idea what they were saying.

Can someone please explain to me, in simple terms, how to fix this problem?

But, I also wrote down every single bit of info from the computer that I thought would be useful down on a sticky-note, so you can kinda get the general idea of the system I'm dealing with [And please keep in mid I have no idea what any of this info means...] :
--------------------------------------…
--Computer: Intel Premium III Processor
730 MHz, 512 MB of RAM

--Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

--DAC Type: Internal

--Memory Size: 32 MB

--Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

--Driver Date: 6/8/2001

--Version: 6.13.1.3198

--Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

--Hardware Acceleration: Full

--Display: KDS Visula Sensations VS-190is/VS-190p on Intel (R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

--System: Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

And if I need to update my hardware, how do I do so?
Thank-you so much!!!
------------------------
[EDIT:]

I also have no idea what Graphics Card I have, nor do I have any idea how to find out.
How do i find this oput, because I'm pretty sure that might be helpful info in order to solve this problem ^^;

Okay, am I going crazy, or did someone rename my post?

Because could've sworn it was something like "I need major help with DirectX 9.0c, please?"

...And did someone move it, too? I don't mind, just tell me if I'm crazy, please...

Your graphics adapter is another name for graphics card and is the Intel 82815 Graphics. The graphics adapter is hardware not software that you can put on a flash drive. What you put on your flash drive might have been a graphics driver but since the date of your graphics driver is nine years old it seems unlikely that was it.

Your graphics adapter is inadequate to run this game (and many, many other games). This graphics "card" lacks support for Transform and Lighting (T & L) which you only have to know is needed to run many games including yours.

If you have a non-T & L capable video card then you need at least:
2.0 GHz processor
256 MB RAM if Windows XP
At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space

Even if your graphics adapter supported T & L, the MINIMUM to run this game is an 800 MHz processor. You have a 730 MHz processor. I'm afraid your PC was never designed as a gaming PC. Not all PCs are and yours wasn't.

I'm guessing an administrator probably renamed your post to be more descriptive of the problem and also moved it to the proper forum.

As mailpup pointed out your system is simply to dated to run Sims 2. Hardware upgrades are also a bad option imo, you need a more modern system.

@MailPup: Thanks for the info! I decided to just give up and intall it on my main computer. But now I have a whole new list of problems with downloading custom content...
Should I ask here, or post a new thread?

@Matthew: lol, thanks for teling me! I thought I'd finally cracked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back