The Three Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindwoman

Hi All,
Okay, I have gone through the 8 step procedure and attached are my logs.

SYMPTOMS
Computer slow / freezing
intermittant 100% CPU usage shown in Task Manager
Pop ups
Spam
On start up: Common Files->helper.sig pops up
have alot of svchost.exe running in my Task Manager

Ran Avast and it showed (2): Win32: Trojan-gen {Other}

I did all the steps down to attaching these logs. Hope someone can please take a look and see what is up with my computer! I'm also concerned I might have a port open somewhere. I'm on high speed cable 24/7.

Go to start -> control panel -> Display properties -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop... -> Web tab, then uncheck and delete everything you find in there
We are removing this one:

Also you still have AVG7 running, please do the following:
Download and run AVG Remover

Other than that, nothing else found. You could do this (I would) to default IE settings)

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Kim, I deleted everything under the Web tab and ran the AVG Remover.

I have a question though, why do I want to reset IE and I think I still have Explorer 6 running (unless the Windows update I did last night bumped it up to 7).

Also, is there a way to check your ports?

IE Reset was suggested mainly because of the below entries
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)

Please note you should be using IE7 (although IE8 is soon to be released anyway)
You should always do all Windows Security Updates

As for a port viewer
I did have one, but I stopped worrying because many Internet Security programs come with this included (but then again I've not had IS programs installed for a while)
This one is good: (TCPView) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Oh, okay. I will reset then and make sure I have IE7. Are my Windows updates including the security updates too?
I'll check out the port viewer too. Thanks so much Kim!!!

Yes Windows Updates are the Security Updates, and should always be completed
Please note I have debated with others comments in the past that should always complete all Windows (security) updates (some same No) I say Yes :) (with decades of experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back