Thermaltake unveils 'mainstream' Level 10 GT case

Jos

Staff

Thermaltake managed to turn a few heads and break a few wallets the last couple of years with its rather unique Level 10 case. Now the company is back with an updated model that promises to bring its signature modular design to the masses. Taking BMW Design Works’ original concept forward, two notable changes have been implemented in the Level 10 GT that should result in a much more affordable product: replacing its all-aluminum construction with a ‘carbon graphite’ style material, and making the case smaller overall.

The new chassis measures 584 x 282 x 590 mm and weights 12.7kg, compared to 666 x 318 x 614 mm and a backbreaking 21.37kg on the original Level 10 version. It also has a less fragmented design, but you still get five EasySwap Pitstop removable drive trays, four 5.25-inch bays, and the 'Smart-lock Security System' for the side panel. You’ll be able to fit up to an extended ATX board and have a total of 8 expansion slots. Lastly, there are also two I/O panels offering 2x USB 3.0, 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x eSATA, 1x HD audio ports, as well as a headset holder on the side.

In terms of cooling, the Level 10 GT is ready for liquid-based systems but come standard with four fans - three 200mm Colorshift LED fans on the front, side and top working at 600 to 800 RPM, and a 140mm exhaust fan spinning at 1000 RPM on the rear. Unfortunately, price and availability are still unknown, but you can check out other details here.

Permalink to story.

It also looks a little more industrial and overall much nicer than the original Level 10, at least from the gallery on the linked site.

I admit being a little surprised. It's not as over the top or gaudy as the Xaser cases that I'm used to seeing from Thermaltake. The Level 10 GT actually looks stylish and even professional. This one's on my purchase list for my next upgrade. Good job, Thermaltake !

Even though it's probably the least sexy part of the case, I like the carrying handle at the top. I wish all cases had those, especially as filled cases are getting insanely heavy.

17.7kg is still VERY heavy and I bet carrying it with that handle is not going to be easy!

burty117 said:
This looks rather nice actually, I hope that the price is something...affordable.

If it's priced anything like the lvl10, you're looking at 600+ easily. Damn it! Why make something so awesome for so few people.

"Carbon graphite?" As opposed to what other kind of graphite? Sounds like a fancy term for "black plastic" to me. I looked at the specs page, and the weight is 12.7 kg, not 17.7.

@slh28 the weight is 12.7 kg as technochicken points out, fixed the typo on the story

So carbon graphite is cheaper than aluminum now eh? Someone should mention that to Ferrari.

If this case isn't sub $300, I don't see it selling any better than the original lvl 10.

So carbon graphite is cheaper than aluminum now eh? Someone should mention that to Ferrari.
Not to mention that your new Ferrari could, at one time, have been a fridge pack of Coke cans

If this case isn't sub $300, I don't see it selling any better than the original lvl 10.
I kinda doubt that TT is going to cheapen the line up with that sharp of a drop. I'm gonna guess six-ish....($600.00). Besides, if you want "tacky for the masses", I suggest you look into the Cooler Master Storm series. I know I feel empowered when I boot up the old "Scout". It's the red lights that get my juices flowing.

:haha: Yes Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini probably all like to know this bit of information.

I think your right R, I think this thing needs to slide in at about $280.00 to be viable.(or at least main stream) It appears that the VGA compartment may not be quite the pizza oven on this version. now all you need is one of these to put in it
https://www.techspot.com/news/41865-gigabyte-announces-g1killer-gaming-motherboards.html

*** remember the Asus Ares DIY $5000 combo that never had a taker?
well this may be the next one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.564020

:haha: Yes Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini probably all like to know this bit of information.

I think your right R, I think this thing needs to slide in at about $280.00 to be viable.(or at least main stream) It appears that the VGA compartment may not be quite the pizza oven on this version. now all you need is one of these to put in it
https://www.techspot.com/news/41865-gigabyte-announces-g1killer-gaming-motherboards.html
Do the corresponding G.I. Joe dolls come with this extravaganza?

As to the carbon fibre sports cars; in this price range, would you get carbon fibre body filler to go with it, or just throw it away and buy a new one. (Much in the same way you would toss it if the ashtrays were dirty).

*** remember the Asus Ares DIY $5000 combo that never had a taker?
well this may be the next one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.564020
In all fairness, this combo is on auto notify! On the other hand, there is no customer feedback. Tell me what to think...:confused:

In all fairness, this combo is on auto notify! On the other hand, there is no customer feedback. Tell me what to think..

I was hoping you were going to tell me.

burty117 said:
This looks rather nice actually, I hope that the price is something...affordable.

.......................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today, lol.

WOW.. just O.M.G. .... WOW... how do you take a pile of crap and make it better?

You add "GT" to the name (that has nothing to do with PC's at all)... and lower the price!

I have seen this case in person, and when its empty, its freaking heavy. Very heavy! ... and ugly.

"carbon graphite" does not necessarily mean "carbon fiber reinforced composites" as are used in Ferrari's and the likes. There are carbon composites that do not use actual carbon fibers, and are less expensive than carbon fiber composites. The best example of this I can think of is in a type of bicycle wheel favored in the hipster community- Aerospokes. As you can see in this picture of a broken one, the plastic material is not actually fibrous like carbon fiber products, but is claimed to be made of "carbon composite," which is most likely what this case is built from.

Well, at whatever price point this may hit the street, this case does prove beyond a doubt, that's it's not a very big step from elegant, to tacky.

The original Level 10 has a clean, crisp, futuristic look about it, that would find itself at home in the family room, if not the living room, of an architect or interior designer.

Whereas, this new offering is definitely aimed at the basement, or perhaps a teenager's bedroom. Where ever you do decide to put it, be sure to hang plenty of posters, that should make your new case feel at home. Oh, to complete the "decor", be sure to grab a black light from Walmart.

Back