Thermaltake's new gaming chair cools your butt with four built-in fans

midian182

Staff member

If, like me, your butt is welded to your gaming chair for over 12 hours almost every day of the week, you may find your derriere can become pretty toasty. But Thermaltake has an ingenious solution for your burning backside: a gaming chair with built-in fans.

The X Comfort Air can soothe hot asses thanks to the four fans built into the seat of the chair, which looks like a pretty impressive gaming accessory even without the cooling tech.

“Use of a special five-fan blade design based on automotive industry tech allows the four built-in cooling fans to generate even greater volumes of air for improved airflow and speed. The use of high-quality components in the fan blade design provides a whopping 75,000-hour lifespan, which is double than that of industry standard and provides utmost performance and reliability,” explained Thermaltake.

The blades sit inside a wind blocker frame that’s designed to direct large amounts of air toward the middle section of the blade. This creates a compression effect that blocks air from escaping.

Acknowledging the fact that some people’s bottoms get a lot warmer than others during marathon gaming sessions, Thermaltake has added a three-button fan speed controller (1530 RPM, 3060 RPM, and 5100 RPM), letting users select a temperature that they find refreshingly cool.

The X Comfort Air also boasts many of the usual features found in pricey gaming chairs: 4D armrests, adjustable head and back support, dense foam padding, faux leather, breathable mesh, and a multi-function lockable tilt mechanism.

An all-black version and a red and black version of the chair are both available now for $500. A bit more expensie than many gaming chairs, but your ass will thank you for it.

Permalink to story.

Kind of shocked as to how cheap a "gaming" chair is compared to high-quality office chairs (which can easily go north of $1000)...

Of course, when you replace leather with faux leather, I suppose you save a lot... how loud are these fans?

Hmph! Thermaltake, the king of the gimmick. To be fair to then though, some of their products aren't, or weren't too bad.

One thing that the pictures and the write up conveniently fail to mention is that this chair is going to need to be plugged in. Having a cord on the ground with a rolling desk chair is infuriating because it gets caught in the wheels and looks plain ugly. I would prefer to not have to deal with that.

Yes, please.

One thing that the pictures and the write up conveniently fail to mention is that this chair is going to need to be plugged in. Having a cord on the ground with a rolling desk chair is infuriating because it gets caught in the wheels and looks plain ugly. I would prefer to not have to deal with that.

I recommend putting your power strip on the wall above your desk, or attaching it to the underside and routing any wires to it that way. Proper cable management largely eliminates this problem. Still, if you just don't like your chair to be attached to stuff period, then yeah that's a concern for sure.

Personally, I'd love to get this thing. Maybe in a few years :p

If you are gaming for 12 hours straight, a sweaty butt is not your biggest problem. This chair will only encourage even longer sessions. Definitely will not cure terminal abstinence...

Back