These games will let you compare Intel XeSS, AMD FSR, and Nvidia DLSS

Daniel Sims

Staff
Why it matters: When Intel's XeSS launches this summer, it's set to compete with Nvidia's DLSS and AMD's FSR 2.0 to see which image reconstruction solution offers the best simulated 4K image at the highest framerate. The ideal comparison tools will be games that feature either two or all three options.

Last week, the developer of Dolmen said that the upcoming sci-fi action game will feature Intel's XeSS image upscaler along with DLSS and FSR. That makes it one of the first opportunities to test XeSS and compare it against the other two when it launches in the summer alongside Intel's Arc Alchemist desktop GPUs.

Intel already lists which games will support XeSS at launch. Comparing Intel's page with AMD's official FSR roster and Nvidia's selection of DLSS-supported titles tells us which games will see them directly compete.

Dolmen, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Ghostwire: Tokyo, and Enlisted will feature all three when Intel's Arc 5 and Arc 7 GPUs arrive in July or August. Games featuring DLSS and XeSS but not FSR include Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Chivalry II, and Chorus. So far, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, Arcageddon, and The Riftbreaker will feature XeSS along with FSR but not DLSS.

Many more games already offer comparisons between FSR and DLSS. However, as of now only Deathloop supports AMD's new FSR 2.0, which reviews indicate stacks up more favorably to DLSS than FSR 1.0 did. Hopefully, more games featuring 1.0 will receive upgrades to 2.0.

Other games planning to include XeSS include Hitman III, Grid Legends, Super People, The Settlers, and Anvil. Dolmen releases this Friday for PC and consoles.

Permalink to story.

FFS why can't they make a consensus and work together to create the ultimate upscaling tech?

Because none of them has made the ultimate scaling tech yet. 3 players will develop 3 different (though likely related) solutions, giving the industry 3x the chances of getting it right. And anyway, different people may like the different tradeoffs of 1 vs the other 2.

FFS why can't they make a consensus and work together to create the ultimate upscaling tech?
Not because I like AMD due to their more customer friendly attitude, but I think they are already on it with FSR, but sadly, we no longer have customers that demand what is best for them, instead you have rabid fanbois that will do whatever their corporate deities tell them to do.

As of right now, me as a customer, would love to demand support only for FSR because is the only tech that doesnt try to tie me an specific vendor.

Sadly, thats a concept that few will understand these days.

Not because I like AMD due to their more customer friendly attitude, but I think they are already on it with FSR, but sadly, we no longer have customers that demand what is best for them, instead you have rabid fanbois that will do whatever their corporate deities tell them to do.

As of right now, me as a customer, would love to demand support only for FSR because is the only tech that doesnt try to tie me an specific vendor.

Sadly, thats a concept that few will understand these days.
DLSS is objectively superior to FSR according to almost every tech outlet…

And is useless on the older GPUs which could make the best use of it. Which is why an open source option that's not locked to specific hardware is the best option for most people.
And it's 2022, get a 3050 please instead of whining on a GTX960 and using a low resolution that won't benefit from upscaling in the first place. It's like complimenting as if Marvel's Spider-Man 2 for making a Switch version at launch, it's great that they're caring about some console with performance from 15 years ago, it's not bad either if they don't.

And it's 2022, get a 3050 please instead of whining on a GTX960 and using a low resolution that won't benefit from upscaling in the first place. It's like complimenting as if Marvel's Spider-Man 2 for making a Switch version at launch, it's great that they're caring about some console with performance from 15 years ago, it's not bad either if they don't.

LOL, you made an account to post that?

Why should I overpay $330-$500 for a card that's already overpriced at $250 and only gets 43fps at 1080p? I have a card that does that already.

DLSS is objectively superior to FSR according to almost every tech outlet…
Indeed it is, yet people wish for it to die and we get sub par but open standards in it's place.

I'd prefer a world where they can all exist together (which is the real world, and it will happen this way), and continue to push eachother to ever new heights.=
instead you have rabid fanbois that will do whatever their corporate deities tell them to do
Indeed, the AMD fanbois are possibly at their worst ever in this way.

I demand the best products, and it turns out healthy competition delivers them, the yin and yang as it happens, it pretty bloody necessary.

Back