Inactive Think desktop is infected please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been acting strangely, waking up and shutting down out of nowhere and recently it has started to freeze and run slowly. Some times I am unable to start explorer and also when I try to shut down and restart it will freeze during that process which is strange considering it has no problem doing that on its own. Any help is grately appreciated. I have attached the logs as per the 8-step list. However I could not get GMER to run. It would start and then my computer would just shut down. I tried to run it a couple of times even in safe mode, same thing. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-04-30 (11-17-07).txt
    895 bytes · Views: 2
  • DDS.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Attach.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to TechSpot Jovie. I'll help with the malware.

You are running both McAfee and Norton Security. this actually makes you more vulnerable and can also slow you down. Please remove one of them. Download the tool for the program you wish to uninstall
McAfee Removal
Norton Removal Tool

When you have uninstalled one of the AV programs, then go on with the instructions below:
==================================
About GMER: One minor edit may come handy, regarding GMER, which with current nasties sometimes refuses to run, or causes BSOD:
try to uncheck "Devices" in right pane. Then try to run.
=====================
Please download ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..
============================
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

Please include the logs in your next reply.

Please don't run any other cleaning programs or scans while I am helping you unless I request you to. Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back