This guy surgically implanted a Tesla key (and other chips) into hand

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: For Ben Workman, getting a biomedical implant was little more than, “an experimentation in curiosity.” Of course, finding people willing to implant devices like these was a bit of a task. He was shot down by a doctor, a veterinarian and even a piercing studio so he turned to a family member. The Tesla key was a bit more complex, however, and he eventually convinced the piercing studio to help.

You’ve got diehard techies and then you’ve got people like Ben Workman that are willing to go above and beyond for their love of technology.

Workman, profiled in a recent piece for Fox 13 out of Salt Lake City, recently became the latest to implant the wireless keycard from his Tesla into his hand so he could open the vehicle essentially hands-free.

It doesn’t end there, however, as other implants allow Workman to unlock the door of his office, log into his computer and even share contact information wirelessly. He even has a magnet in one hand that’s mainly used for party tricks.

While it may sound outrageous, the truth is that people have been implanting foreign objects like these in their bodies for years. Others have even done the Tesla key trick already.

Some of the earlier examples are even more outrageous – and frankly, pointless – but now that tech has matured to where it is today, there are non-trivial reasons to have a tiny RFID chip under your skin. We’re probably looking at several more years still until this sort of thing goes mainstream but eventually, it’s not a stretch to think that many of our daily tasks could one day be completed simply by waving our hand in front of a sensor.

Permalink to story.

"several more years still until this sort of thing goes mainstream"

Decades. We are in the End Times, so it's already known people will eventually be forced into this. Don't do it.

"but eventually, it’s not a stretch to think that many of our daily tasks could one day be completed simply by waving our hand in front of a sensor."

Risk medical complications simply so you don't have to carry it in your hand? Brilliant! Even with this, you know people will still be looking for their car keys... ;)

And just watch - it will be a waste as people can hack these as well.

I'll sit back and wait for these *****s to catch infection. Because these devices were not made to be put under the skin. I bet they didn't even bother sterilizing them.

I also hope they think changing batteries will be worth it.

It's an RFID chip..no batteries needed, it would be the same as a company ID card or for that matter a bank card that uses it.
While I agree people are jumping the gun a bit and installing stuff in their bodies that isn't made to go there, they actually do make chips for body implantation and even have successfully created integrated circuits out of special inks in tattoos. Whether it's good or bad is up to you but since the 1700's people have sacrificed health for the sake of convenience and fashion.....there is no real difference.

The plan worked perfectly. He made the news. If he's on social media, he's clickbaiting his way into cash.

The most insane and illogical actions are logical and sane when you measure them against the amount of cash earned through Adsense.

When (not if) the time comes that the government forces this upon us...just shoot me. No way I'd have that crap implanted in my body.

Well, I thought we had surpassed the height of stupidity, but once again, somebody else had to out due it. Somebody please inform the Darwin Awards Committee that we have a new applicant!

There's not a whole lo of meat on the back of the hands either, really not much more than skin over tendons and blood vessels.

"Dangerous, ugly, painful, and stupid", are the adjectives I would attach to the process. :facepalm: < @VitalyT 2nd row, first on the left.
Imagine the IC or w/e constantly rubbing on your bones and stuff. *Shudders*

You're of course referring to the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, are you not?

You mean current resident of San Fran Nancy Pelosi? or the future Roman Antichrist: ... and the people of the PRINCE that shall come shall destroy the city (that was Titus Roman general) and the sanctuary ( the Romans pulled down the stones one by one to get the gold that had dripped into crevices in the temple/sanctuary walls ); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined. 9:27 And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (Antichrist) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease; and upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate.
The PRINCE is the Antichrist in this Daniel verse, that's who I'm referring to. Trump doesn't fit the description since he is a great friend of the Jews.

Back