This is a rig I built a while back, please look at it and tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudozie

hey guys...i bought a dell about 3 years ago and was happy with it until the dell guy i called said i couldnt upgrade my psu for an upgraded graphics card i wanted so i said scew him and started looking into building my own..i did lots of research and read lots of forums, how tos, and guids. so besides that no one helped me with putting a masterpice together...i know it was a long time ago but i was just curious as to how i did and if i did something wrong and what would you have done.

Specs
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @3.16GHz OC to 4.05GHz
Mobo - IP35 Pro
Memory - 2x2 Corsair PC2-6400 DDR2
Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512
Network card - Killer NIC Network Adapter
Sound card - Creative SB X-Fi
Hard Drive - i just put the one from my dell

I use the same motherboard and I love it... other than that, if it works for you. it is great!

I would have gone for an E8400, but that's a minor gripe. I have a similar PC, and I like it so far.

Good job with the rest of the parts though. :)

How much did you build it for?

I would have gone for an E8400, but that's a minor gripe. I have a similar PC, and I like it so far.

Good job with the rest of the parts though. :)

I would get a raid card and Run raid with if you can afford 4 hd i like sas, most like sata, 10k +. nice rig though.

i dont remember the exact price but i remember it was over 1k.

I would get a raid card and Run raid with if you can afford 4 hd i like sas, most like sata, 10k +. nice rig though.
i dont know much about raids but my mobo has six internal SATA-300 ports, supporting RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10....so i wouldnt need a card right?

No you wouldnt need a card, you'd just need to download raid drivers to a usb flash drive OR plug in the old trusty floppy drive to install upon an install of windows. The "ID" in raid stands for "inexpensive disk," implying you can use raid to get performance w/o spending a heep of cash on a 15k rpm drive or something. Only worry about raid formats if you have more than one drive. And dont use raid 0(striping) if you dont have a back up. I once had 5 raptors in raid 0. Awesome performance but one went, so all data was lost.

I have a talk with a guy about raid on a motherboard and raid controller, you can check forums and what not and you will notivce a lot of hard hitters "have raid cards" some like software controllers, but hardware controller out preform any on board raid controller. if you need any help setting up a raid i would more than glad to guide you. I had this problem once and I had a guy on the msi web sight help me. so just passing on what so one gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back