It is not overheating, and not resetting the BIOS

I'll start off by telling you my system and what I have tried to fix it.
System: Asus M2N-E MotherBoard, AMD 64X2 6000 Processor/AMD HeatSink and Fan, AcePower 450W Power Supply, Navida Geforce 9500 GT Video Card, Dell SATA 160gig Hard Drive x 2, Ocz PC2 6400 2 gig 5-5-5 x 2, and running on Board Internet Port
I was using my computer the night before, and now today I try and start it: it started for 5 Seconds than shut off. I tried to start it with the button in the front and it did nt respond, so i flip the switch at the back and when i flip it back on it started right away. But still started for 5 seconds and off again... terrible cycle. I have gone through my computer unplugging different parts and trying to start: Ram, Hard Drives, Video card, Power supply, DVD-Roms. I do not have a diffrent Processor or MotherBoard to see if one of those is the problem.
With this being said, I have tried to reset my Bios by pulling out the battery and jumping the jumper to 2-3 instead of 1-2 waited 30sec put everything back to normal..... still shuts down after 5 secs and did not go to anything.... when it turns on for the 5 secs the green light is on.
I did notice a little bit of brown on the f_panel in the bottom right coner of the MotherBoard.. is that normal????

Sounds like your PSU is starting to go bad. Did you clean the inside of any dust buildup? Were you playing a game? What were you doing when this happened?

Power supply

it is not the power supply i have tried to use a different one and also i have clean everything and re gooped the processor.

was i playing games

yes i was playing games the night before than i tried to use it the next day and this started to happen.... it did not crash or turn off ever before.

Brown on Motherboard

so i have noticed some brown on my motherboard, on the f_panel in the bottom right hand corner of the Motherboard. Does this mean it is fried? someone told me that it could be flux, (some type of solder) can this be possible???

Back