Time used on here

learninmypc

I've noticed on a few of my posts the time of post does not reflect the time on my pc. No problem, just curious as to where is midnight according to this forum. I updated a thread of mine today about 10am PDT & the time on it says Today at 5:11 PM. So its no problem,just curious. TIA:)

Thanks. I'm going to check to see if mine is set to PST. A little story about Midnight and Noon. I hope I haven't told you this already. Most people think of 12 midnight as 12AM, and 12 noon as 12 PM. Actually 12 midnight is just that 12 midnight. It is neither AM or PM. The same with 12 noon. It is just that 12 noon. It, also is neither AM, or PM Now this is talking precisely when the clock hits Midnight or noon.. a minute later it is 12 AM or 12 PM . Just thought it might be kind of interesting to you. I know it was to me. It just dawned on me that this is a TS post, and not an email, and a lot more people then you will see it.
Oh Well. Guess I'll sit back and wait for people to tell me how wrong I am;)

I use a 24 hour clock, always have, so AM/PM is irrelevant for me. Plus saves on the confusion when it comes to 12. Its either 00:00 or 12:00. :D

Thanks. I'm going to check to see if mine is set to PST. A little story about Midnight and Noon. I hope I haven't told you this already. Most people think of 12 midnight as 12AM, and 12 noon as 12 PM. Actually 12 midnight is just that 12 midnight. It is neither AM or PM. The same with 12 noon. It is just that 12 noon. It, also is neither AM, or PM Now this is talking precisely when the clock hits Midnight or noon.. a minute later it is 12 AM or 12 PM . Just thought it might be kind of interesting to you. I know it was to me. It just dawned on me that this is a TS post, and not an email, and a lot more people then you will see it.
Oh Well. Guess I'll sit back and wait for people to tell me how wrong I am;)
I would never say you're wrong, but maybe incorrect:)actually a second after 12 my digital clock (shown below) indicates am or pm:)AM or PM.JPG

Back