Tiny but powerful: the new Corsair One Mini PC features a Ryzen 3950X and RTX 2080 Ti

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: The Corsair One series has long been one of our favorite pre-built small form factor PCs. Now, a new version becomes the first to feature one of AMD’s 3000-series processors, offering up to 16 cores/32 threads of performance, combined with an RTX 2080 Ti or 2080 Super, in a compact case.

We called the Corsair One the ultimate compact gaming PC back in 2017, awarding it a score of 95. There have been several other, equally impressive versions since then, but the new Corsair One a100 is the series’ first to add a Ryzen processor after years of featuring Intel’s CPUs.

Corsair has chosen only the best 3rd-gen Ryzen processors for its mini PC. Top of the pile is the 16 core/32 thread Ryzen 9 3950X, which boasts a 3.5 GHz base clock and 4.7 GHz boost clock. We named AMD’s monster chip the new performance king in our review. There are also two models that both feature the 12 core/24 thread Ryzen 9 3900X (base 3.8 GHz, boost 4.6 GHz).

It’s not just the processors that are impressive. The three Corsair models come with either Nvidia’s consumer flagship RTX 2080 Ti or the RTX 2080 Super. There’s also a 1TB or 500GB Corsair Force MP600 M.2 NVME SSD with a 2TB 5400RPM HDD, 32GB of DDR4-3200 RAM, and a Corsair SF600 80 Plus Gold certified power supply.

The hardware is packed onto an unnamed Mini-ITX X570 motherboad, and there’s a liquid cooling setup to keep things chilly. Connectivity-wise, you get two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, a 3.5mm jack, and an HDMI 2.0a port at the front. On the rear, there are three USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, three 3.5mm jacks and three DisplayPorts.

With its small, rectangular case, the Corsair One a100 could be compared to the Xbox Series X, though that extra power will cost you: the Ryzen 9 3950X model is $4,000, the RTX 2080 Ti version is $3,600, and the RTX 2080 Super option is $3,000.

Permalink to story.

$3000?

$3600?

$4000?

Considering the 3000 series is coming soon, it makes more sense to just wait for that and then buy a pre-built Computer on sale which will either give you a 9900k or a 10th generation i7 for under $1000 - and already come with 16GB of DDR4 and an SSD storage for its OS. $1000 + $1000 (or so ) will get you a powerful gaming rig that blows the PS4 and Scarlett away for LESS than $2500.

Or you can get a discounted 2080Ti for under $1000 as the 3000 models put downwards pressure on their residual prices.

At this very moment BTW, an HP OMEN with a 9900K @ 3.6GHz with a 2080Ti, 16GB DDR4 and 1TB SSD is $2449 at Microcenter.

The beauty about pre-builts is they go on sale quicker.

Last edited:
$3000?

$3600?

$4000?

Considering the 3000 series is coming soon, it makes more sense to just wait for that and then buy a pre-built Computer on sale which will either give you a 9900k or a 10th generation i7 for under $1000 - and already come with 16GB of DDR4 and an SSD storage for its OS. $1000 + $1000 (or so ) will get you a powerful gaming rig that blows the PS4 and Scarlett away for LESS than $2500.

Or you can get a discounted 2080Ti for under $1000 as the 3000 models put downwards pressure on their residual prices.

At this very moment BTW, an HP OMEN with a 9900K @ 3.6GHz with a 2080Ti, 16GB DDR4 and 1TB SSD is $2449 at Microcenter.

The beauty about pre-builts is they go on sale quicker.

True enthusiast wouldn't even look in a pre built direction

True enthusiast wouldn't even look in a pre built direction

You do realize that this advertisement here IS a pre-built right?

Says it right in the opening sentence:
"The Corsair One series has long been one of our favorite pre-built small form factor PCs."

Furthermore: "enthusiast" is a ridiculous term designed to justify overspending on rapidly obsolescing equipment simply to say that you own it. The majority of people who use these workstations professionally buy what they need - can't afford what they want - or are allowed to use them by their corporation who buys it for them.

Why would I spend $3000 when I could spend less than $3000?

You do realize that this advertisement here IS a pre-built right?

Furthermore: "enthusiast" is a ridiculous term designed to justify overspending on rapidly obsolescing equipment simply to say that you own it. The majority of people who use these workstations professionally buy what they need - can't afford what they want - or are allowed to use them by their corporation who buys it for them.

Why would I spend $3000 when I could spend less than $3000?

Yes I know the Corsair PC it's a prebuilt and as nice as it is I still wouldn't buy it or any other prebuilt PC plus you are one of this "enthusiasts" You got 2 RTX2080Ti's and brag about them every chance you've got : - P

#1 The Free Market is always right

#2 There is a huge market for pre-builts whether you're in it or not.
For once we agree.

Personally, I love the Corsair One. It's one of the few prebuilts I'd ever consider, mostly because its unique and the form-factor is so appealing without skimping on hardware.

It's nice looking and the design of the hinged side panels and radiators with their revolving fittings is good (though tool-less would have been ideal). It's too bad they couldn't manage to put fans on said radiators though, as at higher configurations the system seems to struggle with bleeding heat since it only relies on the one fan up top, never mind trying to overclock.

This is a comment based on the platform itself, as this potential issue with heat has been around since the very first version of this system. It's cool that they are offering AMD, hope to seem more boutiques and even big name manufacturers start including AMD chips more often.

To me that looks to be an EXCELLENT choice for a pre-built (not considering the timing of new goodies about to drop later this year that would replace it).....

The only thing stopping ME from purchasing this bad boy right now (even knowing ryzen 4 and RTX3000's on their way), is the fact that I'm actually jonesing to build a new PC from scratch, haven't done so since I built my current 3rd gen I7... (I've upgraded parts here and there.......but I actually want to build a PC from scratch just for the sake of doing so)....... but if someone had money to burn asked me what to buy, I'd point them towards this thing instantly........

This isn't designed for value in mind this is for the best performance possible in a very tiny form factor. It has a custom loop which is very expensive and a case that is premium. Plus there is a fee to build it. Please consider that it would be much cheaper to build and ATX air-cooled system.

Horrible buy. 2080 Ti is soon 2 years old... Ampere is 8-12 weeks away.

I would never ever buy a pre-built machine. Most people that do this, will never pay this amount of money.

High-end hardware in a small case is never a good idea. For small builds, always choose lower-wattage parts or you'll hear the fans ramping up like mad during load.

The case does look great, I like a lot corsair products, they are well priced and good quality, at least the ones I have.

We need new motherboard physical format that gives integrated usb and audio ports in front panel (without cabling) and pcie slots above cpu slot so that heavy 1kg gpu's fan and heatsink don't hang down off the gpu pcb.

Back