Toshiba a105 s4284 motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a refurbished motherboard and after the install it has power, but displays no video and an external monitor does not work either.

I noticed that where the lcd plugs in on the motherboard one pin was bent over touching the other.

I straightened the pin out and re plugged it in.

Is it possible that with the pin touching the other pin on the board that it fried something or is that not possible?

I was trying to help a friend and I have bite off more than I can chew here.

Or is it that I do not have a compatible board?

I have checked all the connections ribbons etc and nothing seems to be out of place

Any thoughts or suggestions outside of don't bite off more than i can chew next time?

Laptop motherboard replacement takes considerable skill and patience. Have you worked on laptop computers before? Where did you buy the "refurbished" motherboard? You were lucky that the LCD panel connector pin didn't break off. Did you take great care in placing the CPU onto the "new" motherboard and did you apply new clean thermal grease to the CPU and it's heatsink? If you can give us the motherboard part number we can verify that it is the correct part for your model laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back