Toshiba satellite charging but not charging

I have Toshiba satellite model C875–7304. The battery indicator on the desktop says that it's charging but the percentage is depleting. This is on a brand-new battery that came with 67% full and a new adapter. When the laptop is off the LED indicator in the front is lit like the battery is charging. However it is not. After leaving it plugged in for a few hours the percentage was the same as when I turned it off. Also the adapter wasn't warm at all. I've tried all Toshibas recommendations removing all power from the laptop and holding the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute. Also removing the battery for the bios and reinserting it. Still that hasn't worked. I removed the laptop battery and the laptop will not power on using AC power only. It's almost like the laptop is only using battery power and the adapter is not charging the battery or keeping the laptop on. Laptops only about a year old. Any suggestions anyone?

As the laptop's only a year old the original battery should be fine and not need replacing. Also if it won't run from the AC power only something is wrong. Look for your receipt and if it's still under guarantee take the laptop back.

Back