Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have been trying to get this Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satellite Pro 120 to boot but when I push power it goes directly to a screen that says "Password = " and after a few attempts it says Not Certified Shutting down system.

I opened the laptop up to see if i could find any jumpers to clear CMOS and i found two solder plates and the words RESET above them. I shorted the two plates while pushing power and the boot started but then held up. I released the short and the computer began to boot but then went to the normal password screen but this time it said "ALERT: System protection failure! Password = "

I am assuming that maybe i cleared the BIOS password but when it starts to boot and sees there is a password on the hard drive it gets confused and sends the error saying the system protection has been tampered with. However when i boot without a hard drive it does the same thing.

Does anybody have any suggestions or previous experience with this message. A google search only showed three sites in Spanish with that phrase so i guess its not too common. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back