TP-Link USB Wi-Fi crashing Win 10

sasrob

At first I could not get pass the update it would stop at 35% then roll back to window 7. Then I tested on land line the pc done up date fine to window 10 I tested for hour all was working fine so I would unplug land line put pc back where it was "no access to land line" then pc would crash and not recoverable. after other testing I found the TL WN822N v2 to be the problem. I know it's something to do with old pc as this usb wi-fi works fine with the laptop on window 10 same window driver. The pc was upgraded from window 7 where the wifi was working great. But on window 10 it just crash the system will not even let window 10 start up. If I test wifi all I have to do is unplug usb wifi plug in land line let windows 10 restart a few times then it start up working fine.? Any help.? All ready done fresh clean window 10 install. Could any bio's setting be doing this.?

I read a review where it was mentioned that there are no Windows 10 drivers. Apparently the latest 8.1 drivers don't work but those for Windows 8 worked for the reviewer. It's worth trying.

Last edited:
The one thing I have found out today is window 10 will not start up if it's not online. All I get is blue screen then restarting. I think it is a deeper window 10 problem. I have tested usb wi fi now on mate pc and it's fine works with beta 8 drivers. so any help on why old pc would not work if off line?

How about forgetting wireless for the moment and connecting to the router with an internet cable? You may get W10 working long enough to find out what's wrong.

Turns out to be the nforce pro lan chip set. Disabled this in bios. window 10 boots fine with working usb wi-fi. :)

Thanks for posting the solution. At this stage in the adoption of W10 people have really got to be prepared to experiment to sort out the surprisingly few problems or roll back to their previous OS until the remaining glitches are sorted. My laptop yesterday froze in Firefox after I'd left it for an hour and then it stuck on signing out. I had to push the power button which was worrying but that's the only issue so far after lots of use. Well it is a Sony after all. :)

Very true bazz2004. still having some issues with outlook express but not a big problem when I just use web page. Most people I chat to about win 10 say's it's spy's on what you are doing. I think they been spying on us since window xp the only thing win 10 bring is more efficient spying LOL. . Must say I do like win 10.

There's a Windows 10 mail app which you'll see to the right of the Start Menu. It's easy to set it up to receive your mail. I remember opting out of lots of default settings to send info to Microsoft.

Back